GH for TBs

I have been stressing over GH more recently. I am pretty sure it was the cause of some baby deaths I was having a month or two ago and I believe it has been solved. However I keep reading about how you guys keep GH of like 3-4 with TDS of about 150ish (I could be wrong) but my GH won't go below 6 until I hit a TDS of around 130.

Currently my GH is about 6 and my TDS is 155. I have several berried females again (finally) and I have seen some newly born babies again too (finally), so I am hoping they live!

Am I being too paranoid? What do you guys think I should do? Just keep my Params constant as they are or try to get them lower? Where do your tanks sit?

I use SS GH+ and do wc every week-2 weeks. I have been using pure ro/di to top off daily with the heat lately. This is where I wish I wrote down Params when I had a huge baby boom earlier in the year.

-Duffy

I honestly feel everyone's water is different. What may work for one, may not work for another. That's why there's such a range that's acceptable.

I had to drop my gh to 3-4 to see baby survival. Some others have done fine with 6ish, but unfortunately not mine.

I definitely agree with consistency and stability when it comes to keeping and breeding shrimp in general, but definitely with Taiwan Bees. I usually try to keep my TB tank between 130-150 TDS with a GH of 5-6. I have always kept it in this similar water condition, yes I noticed babies but when I added a source of oxygenation I have noticed triple the amount of babies, their ability to survive has increased dramatically.

This maybe coincidence but I definitely attribute some of the thriving babies to the addition of more oxygen. I have always used canister filters because I get alot of circulation, and more importantly the addition of a mass amount of biological media. Downside I found was their ability to produce oxygen compared to sponge, UGF, or HMF filters, until I ran into the Choice Bubbler.

Looks like I just need to find my sweet spot and just take down my parameters. I think that's my moral lesson haha. If things are going well test every parameter you can and keep it stable :).

Thanks for the responses!

-Duffy