TB are not that delicate!

Roborep1

So I have always maintained that TB are not as delicate as people claim.  I setup a 20 Long in the following fashion-

Day One:

Filled with ice cold RO water from the well over the course of a few days

Day Two:

Added floating plants and one stainless mesh with moss

Mulm bomb, added new sponge filter (never used one before)

Added HOB that has been running on main tank

Day Four:

Few days goes by realize there is no heater.  Throw that in and crank temp for a good cycle.

Day Five:

Light arrives good thing because the floaters look like crap....Oh maybe its because of lack of nutrients as well.

Realize I didn't add minerals to water.  Dump Salty Shrimp in three scoops...I still have yet to test the readings.

Add 2.5ML of pure ammonia to achieve 3ppm.  Still have yet to test cycle.

Day Six: (today)

Controsoil arrives - haphazardly dump half bag in and rake around with hand.  Never took mesh with moss out so had to go fishing for it and a cholla log that got buried.

When the dust settled I noticed a little TB swimming around...couldn't believe it based on what it had been through

I bought some Cameroon moss about two year ago. I work shifts and it arrived in a zip lock bag with a little water. Not much but more than damp. Bag was left on top of the freezer for two days due to me working 12hr nights and then I placed the bag in one of my tanks holding cardinal tetras at the time heated to 27c. I filled the bag with tank water and thought the moss would be fine and at least getting light from the tank.

That was around 2pm on the 3rd day after it arrived through normal post in late summer. My partner noticed two tiny shrimp moving in the bag around an hour later. I immediately transferred them to my Crystal tank. One was a BB the other a KK. The BB I only seen for about 3 days but the KK started my TB keeping and I still have some of her descendants in my tanks now.

Great stories, Roborep1 and Cappie49.

I have started a topic about collecting shrimp miracle stories. I think your stories would fit in there nicely.

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3888-share-your-shrimp-miracles/

Once I decided to sut down on of my small tank with cherry shrimps, I drain the water out and left it on the window board then after about one week time I was going to troug the substrate away in the garden then I spot one small shrimp jumping on the slightly wet substrate - I couldn't belive it surrived without water for one week, I moved it to the tak and she was fine.