Divided 55G Neo/Tiger Tank

wot_fan

Correct me if im wrong but he should have canister filter intake on fart right side with outflow on far left side. If this is true then the dividers also double and giant sponge filters.

Yes, that is how mine is setup.  The corner filter is acting as a pre-filter for the intake of the canister filter and the dividers are also serving as sponge filters.  This feature is what attracted me to using foam dividers in the first place :).

• 2 weeks later...

I received 2 packages containing shrimp in the mail today :).  The first contained OEBT's that came from Dukendabears at buypetshrimp.com.  The shrimp were well packed and all survived their two day journey safely.  I added them to the middle section of the tank.

The second package contained Painted Fire Reds, Snowballs, Yellows, and Super Tigers that came from Blue Crown Aquatic Trade.  Even though the package looked to be packed well, the bag containing the yellows broke in transit :(.  The other bags arrived safely :).  The PFR's went into the middle section and the Snowballs and Super Tigers went into the left section.

In a few days, after the shrimp have become comfortable in their new home, I will take some pictures of them.  In the meantime, below are some new shots of the tank.  I added a little more moss to each section since the last pics.

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

I took some pics of my new shrimp this evening.  I didn't want to stress them out too much so I didn't use a flash.  The picture quality therefore isn't the best.  I will take more pictures (with a flash) in a few days after the shrimp have become more comfortable in their new home.

Can't wait for more epic wot_fan pics

I don't think these pictures qualify as "epic".  I"ll try harder next time ;)

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

That's a great setup and beautiful pictures! Good job!

Can I ask you how did you make that moss balls on the glass sticks? I like the look of them and would love to have them in my tank too.

Thank you

Thank you :).

The moss balls are easy to make.  I cut some spare filter sponge into 1" cubes and then used fishing line to attach some moss.  I then stuck the result onto a glass stirring rod.  That's all there is to it.

I bought the glass rods from Zoro Tools on eBay.  They sell different size rods.  I ordered some 6", 8" & 10" rods and the combined shipping was $5.

Qty 12 of 6" rods $1.89

Qty 12 of 8" rods $2.46

Qty 12 of 10" rods $6.07

Thank you .

The moss balls are easy to make.  I cut some spare filter sponge into 1" cubes and then used fishing line to attach some moss.  I then stuck the result onto a glass stirring rod.  That's all there is to it.

I bought the glass rods from Zoro Tools on eBay.  They sell different size rods.  I ordered some 6", 8" & 10" rods and the combined shipping was $5.

Qty 12 of 6" rods $1.89

Qty 12 of 8" rods $2.46

Qty 12 of 10" rods $6.07

Thank you for sharing this, I already ordered few rods on ebay :)

Thank you for sharing this, I already ordered few rods on ebay :)

You're welcome.  I have learned so much from this forum.  It feels good to be able to help someone else a little for a change ;)

How creative. Those really are cool. I've seen people float them from the surface, but not attach them to glass.

Thanks.  I really like having moss in my shrimp tanks but trimming can be a challenge when the moss is attached to layout material.  This is the best solution I have come up with so far.  I am looking forward to seeing how they look after the moss has had some time to grow out.

OEBTs and PFRs are amazing.  Your pictures have had me thinking about my tanks all weekend, trying to figure out where I can put OEBTs.

Thank you :).  I am really happy with all the shrimp I received but I think the OEBTs (from buypetshrimp.com) and the PFRs (from Blue Crown Aquatic Trade) are especially nice. 

I hope you can find a place for OEBTs.  They are quickly becoming one of my favorite shrimp.