Hello, everyone!

BadAlgae

I found this forum through another forum and after looking through a fair number of posts you guys have gotten me really hooked on shrimp!  I have been in the process of setting up a tank for some shrimp of my own and it's been a real struggle trying to stay patient.  Right now I'm waiting for a chance to finish getting in the plants that I want and establishing a consistent dosing regime while doing as much research as I can and understanding the water parameters needed to keep the shrimp that I want. 

I think that right now I would like to keep SS grade CRS, but I'm also considering trying to start with some PRL culls that I have seen for sale on this forum and craigslist.  However, that seems a bit ambitious for me right now, but I would love to hear what you guys think!  Right now I only have a few amano shrimp and some RCS in another tank, but I would really like to keep multiple species of shrimp one of these days.  I'm looking forward to learning what I can from all of you and I hope that I will be able to contribute in my own way!  Here's a picture of my tank, I think it has potential, but there's definitely a lot of work that can be done on it. 

post-3082-0-82348400-1446700976_thumb.jp

Welcome!

A fellow Californian, thank you so much!

Welcome to TSS :)

Thank you!

Welcome BadAlgae! What a great looking shrimp tank, we are glad to have you.

Thank you so much, I'm glad to be here!  I finally got around to making the introduction post haha

Welcome to the group!

Thank you!  I'm happy to be here

Welcome to TSS! Looks like you are off t a nice start on your tank!

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it!  You can't see it, but there is a fair amount of algae :/

Beautiful tank! Welcome!

The plus side to using culls is they are usually cheaper and you can test your skills first.

Thank you, that means a lot coming from a big user on this forum haha.  That was kind of my thought too actually, so who knows, I would love to get your guys' thoughts on that soon

welcome to TSS

awesome looking tank, do you know what your parameters are?

Thank you aquariumlover, I'm glad that you like the tank!  I did a water change yesterday right before I tested and I'm sitting at about a 6.0 pH, 0.25 ammonia, no nitrites, 40 nitrate, 0 phosphates.  These numbers are a little weird because I was EI dosing and things got hectic and I was behind on water changes.  I'm still a little confused as to where the ammonia is coming from because this should be a fully cycled filter.  If anyone has any ideas I could really use them, maybe I'll make a topic about it later.  My GH and KH it's been a while since i measured them but I had 5 (89.5ppm) and 4 for the respective parameters last time I checked.