Shrimp tank Stand?

NeMox69x

In need of ideas for a stand for my aquarium. Will be either a 15 gallon or 20L. I want it to not bow or obviously break.. I was thinking maybe a kitchen base cabinet but not sure just wondering how the community does their stands. I really want a cabinet to hide the eheim.

Kitchen cabinet will work. I am using one for my 10gal but haven't added a second (smaller ) tank yet. I measured it once and it will just fit a 20L. I think I have an upper cabinet, tho. I had to put a board under it so the doors had clearance to open, and then another board on top for a flat surface.

Look at the construction and you may also be able to beef it up.

It came out to about 180 the most expensive thing that I bought was the 4'x8' piece of oak for the top. I still have a big piece leftover that I'm going to use for my shrimp rack so it'll take the cost off of those when I build it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have.. They don't have anything beside a 55 cabinet. I was thinking maybe a kitchen base cabinet from like lowes or Home Depot? Would that work?

You can always buy a metal stand and put a ''skirt'' on it with black, etc fabric to hide the filter or hide it with thin painted plywood front .

Some of the stands sold in pet stores other than metal seem to be cheap 'compressed wood/paper' and in time warp .

This is the first thing that I ever built out of wood I'm not skilled lol but thank you. I searched online and looked at a lot of builds online and just started my own. I did make about 7 trips to lowes to exchange things and buy stuff.

I agree. I just don't have the tools to build my own. With that $20 craigslist buy did you buy a kitchen cabinet? If so was it the wall or floor part?

This is the first thing that I ever built out of wood I'm not skilled lol but thank you. I searched online and looked at a lot of builds online and just started my own. I did make about 7 trips to lowes to exchange things and buy stuff.

Would you please make a do it yourself in the diy section for members who are looking how to build one? :)

usually there are tons of aquariums on craigslist and lots have stands. you can watch CL and get a tank/stand and just toss the tank if you dont trust it. you might even end up with a heater/filter/ air pump.

Would you please make a do it yourself in the diy section for members who are looking how to build one? :)

Yes I can do one but I don't have all the step by step pictures. I can make a diagram of the step by step that I took. I'm going to hopefully be making a shrimp rack soon that I'll post a DIY as well.

I won't have to reinforce a kitchen cabinet? It will be good to go as is?

I think you'll just have to use some judgement here, based on the boards and construction used. Hopefully you can lean on it and get an idea. People also use the ikea stuff, right?

The cabinet I am using is the laminate stuff like people seem to use in garages. Mine is not flat on top - the left/right side boards are  little higher than the top board. I had to use a piece of white laminate shelving across it, which makes a nice sturdy surface. Unfortunately, it is just a bit short for the whole 20L footprint.