Micro crays...

Shrimp lady

I keep Cambarellus shufeldtii which I think is one of the 2 or 3 true Louisiana dwarfs .

I keep them outside without a filter in shade but aquaponics method .   They have been outside for 2 years and doing great they breed between high 60s and low 80s .

They haven't bred outside those temps .  They are hardy but dull color.

I have not been able to breed CPO's but was able to cross breed one CPO with a Cambarellus. but not nearly as pretty as true CPO.

Would love to see the cross. :)

I usually siphon up a few by accident in my white bucket than I put them back as I do weekly water change . I will take a pic of any hybrid .  They aren't as plain as reg Louisiana dwarfs but not nearly as pretty as CPO's .

post-74-0-24362400-1449449520_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-14147700-1449449716_thumb.jpg

I like these mini crayfish. I just wouldn't have one in my tank. ill stay with shrimp. I used to own a crayfish that I fished out my lake once. that thing grew to about 6 inches. and it was super aggressive. threw him back where I found him after a while

I like these mini crayfish. I just wouldn't have one in my tank. ill stay with shrimp. I used to own a crayfish that I fished out my lake once. that thing grew to about 6 inches. and it was super aggressive. threw him back where I found him after a while

I wont keep my dwarf crays with shrimp . 

The bigger crays are as a whole more aggressive . I have a M/F pair of white Allenis which get along and have bred but think that's rare .

The diminutus max out at 1.5" and aren't aggressive.

They are cute and the blue one's are nice looking , if they stay blue after a few molts .

They are a tiny dwarf which I am contemplating keeping but have read by so many that they purchased blue only to have them lose the color a few molts later .