desktop jar tank

I want to have a small jar with 2 RCS in it. Do I really have to have any filtration in the tank. I will need no heater since my office is warm all year long. but if I could just have the jar itself with no filtration or bubbler that be great. is this possible or not?

I have an old 2 gallon tea jug that i turned into a no tech window sill tank. I've been tossing culls in there and haven't noticed any deaths yet. I just do top offs and maybe a 50% water change once every few months.

This just kills me! We go over everything, have all these pumps, filtration, refugium, heater with some remote temperature gagety thingy, etc, etc, and ýou sick them in a 2 gal jar on the windowsill and they are happy! I think I'm gonna go to the thrift store and get some jars! ;)

There's a guy here in my state and cultures Malawa shrimp in 1 gallon pickle jars on his east windowsill. It grows greenwater + rotifiers in them as well so I asked "What is a Malawa shrimp culture"? He replied " these are for feeders"! Who knew... I will get some now and try this too!