200 year old salamander found

Soothing Shrimp

They are so cool. I love salamanders. In China, they farm them as food for people.

I once reviewed a scientific paper for a scientific journal on a virus disease in farmed Chinese Giant Salamanders.

Amazing! And I thought it was bad trying to find a home for my birds when I die. Imagine trying to find a home for your giant salamader for the next 3 or 4 generations!

Suspect you have parrots .

A couple about 2 blocks from me have an aviary with a pair of scarlet macaws and I hear them when I'm outside  .  The whole area loves them . We are bird people and even like the peacoks .

I had toucans in an aviary in the early 80s the pair lived give or take 20 years but bigger parrots live way longer .

In Key west which is further south from me there are a couple of wild cockatoos which are residents and breed in along Hemingway avenue .

I myself have never seen them but you hear them up on the tree's .  We have love birds , parakeets and Quakers in the area and interestingly enough the love birds and parakeets might have started with color but over generations they are old wild green here nothing fancy .

Suspect you have parrots .

A couple about 2 blocks from me have an aviary with a pair of scarlet macaws and I hear them when I'm outside  .  The whole area loves them . We are bird people and even like the peacoks .

I had toucans in an aviary in the early 80s the pair lived give or take 20 years but bigger parrots live way longer .

In Key west which is further south from me there are a couple of wild cockatoos which are residents and breed in along Hemingway avenue .

I myself have never seen them but you hear them up on the tree's .  We have love birds , parakeets and Quakers in the area and interestingly enough the love birds and parakeets might have started with color but over generations they are old wild green here nothing fancy .

How fascinating! Montana has beautiful birds but of course no wild or feral parrots. My bird experience was mostly from wildlife rehabilitation so of course birds of prey which are wonderful to work with. But my other half was a parrot person so now we have a little green cheek conure with a big attitude and an african grey rescue who, after a year, is finally starting to act like one. He had never flown or even been able to spread his wings and didn't even chew wood. Now he takes short flights in the house, chews wood regularly, and hangs out with me in the evenings. It is a new experience. :)

How fascinating! Montana has beautiful birds but of course no wild or feral parrots. My bird experience was mostly from wildlife rehabilitation so of course birds of prey which are wonderful to work with. But my other half was a parrot person so now we have a little green cheek conure with a big attitude and an african grey rescue who, after a year, is finally starting to act like one. He had never flown or even been able to spread his wings and didn't even chew wood. Now he takes short flights in the house, chews wood regularly, and hangs out with me in the evenings. It is a new experience. :)

You have lots Owls and other birds of prey which I love .

The problem with Greys and few other larger parrots  is that they are very intelligent and thus can become very destructive, self destructive in captivity .

The solution here is an outdoor aviary if the parrot becomes self destructive but at that point , they will never be that tame once they get used to outside .

I love the conures and rather long lived for little parrots .  A friend has sun and half moons .  They are inside birds .

With all the abuse he went through for 5 years I'm shocked that he has no self mutilation behaviors. He destroyed some window trim and a couch, but is really learning quite nicely what he should and should not chew. Overall he is a really good boy and both birds have the run of the house when we are home.

With all the abuse he went through for 5 years I'm shocked that he has no self mutilation behaviors. He destroyed some window trim and a couch, but is really learning quite nicely what he should and should not chew. Overall he is a really good boy and both birds have the run of the house when we are home.

They do love to chew and as you know they will chew electric cords .

I'm glad to hear that he is moving in the correct direction.

Both birds get along ?

They do love to chew and as you know they will chew electric cords .

I'm glad to hear that he is moving in the correct direction.

Both birds get along ?

What timing! I was just reading this as we were relaxing in the living room and our conure startled, flew around the entire house, flew past the grey who snapped at her. He is getting possessive of me with her and territorial about his cage area. He is fine with the dogs although the conure tries to bite their noses. It is never boring aroud here. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What timing! I was just reading this as we were relaxing in the living room and our conure startled, flew around the entire house, flew past the grey who snapped at her. He is getting possessive of me with her and territorial about his cage area. He is fine with the dogs although the conure tries to bite their noses. It is never boring aroud here. :)

Lots keep parrots here and I have learned over the years that the larger parrots can be very possessive and stubborn .

They are intelligent birds and thus the problem .  They bond with one person more than others and can be jealous .

There is a female Peacock that has been coming to the yard for over 10 years .  She hangs out with me, I can pet her and I feed her whole wheat bread every day but she will lunge at my wife if she is with me .

Just as well as I don't want her bothering me in the yard , lol

My neighbor has an English bullterrier and she and the peacock are like sisters which is unusual as that dog hates other animals  . The dog goes in and out of the house the whole day and barks when the peacock arrives so that I throw bread over the wall for the bird to eat .

post-74-0-94431700-1451678487_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...