How to tell what temperature shrimp like?

I keep mine at 72.5 to 73 degrees, and try to not let it get over 73 degrees ever, or below 71.8 ever.

I thought that was the right temps to keep the TB's, CRS, and CBS.  So I hope that is right.

I don't use heaters either, will have to in cardinal tanks but that's about it. They just don't do good in extreme swings.

-Chris

I have to use heaters during the night, as it cools down pretty good here in

the mountains. During the day, the heaters are off, and I have the fans on,

and use the AC when we do get a hot day. So far, I have been able to

keep the temp fairly stable at 72.5 - 24/7. So far......

swings in temps are not super bad for most shrimp. in the wild its cooler at night than in the day any way. as long as your not dropping the temp 5+ degrees in an instant like with water change they can handle the slow change. heck i had a 5 gal hex i had crystal blacks in and it would hit 80 some days if i had the light on for to long and drop down to 70 or just below over night and they did fine. i did end up taking the lid off that tank due to the heat issue but i never lost any cause the temp swing was slow. i do not recommend things like that being done but they can live with it as long as you dont shock them

Looks like Sakura grade. A little step above cherries. That's where the stripes come from. I'm not real fond of these colors. Have some but once you see a real pfr you'll know.

-Chris

wicca,

My smallest tanks are 20 gallons, I find the smaller tanks like 10 gallons give or take much more difficult . Same premise as those marine nano-tanks . I always say that if you can keep freshwater shrimp you can keep marine .

Poopians ,

You had them shipped?

Yah. They shipped via Priority Mail. Arrived in 2 days. eBay has some nice deals every now and then + if they die within 2 days due to stress, you are usually covered if the seller didn't use 1 day shipping. As per eBay live animal policy, all live animals are required 1 day shipping to be eligible for seller protection. Shipping anything 2 day or more is even a violation. So far none dead that I can see. Going to separate the low grade and high grade once I bring my hamster tank home later.

Yah. They shipped via Priority Mail. Arrived in 2 days. eBay has some nice deals every now and then + if they die within 2 days due to stress, you are usually covered if the seller didn't use 1 day shipping. As per eBay live animal policy, all live animals are required 1 day shipping to be eligible for seller protection. Shipping anything 2 day or more is even a violation. So far none dead that I can see. Going to separate the low grade and high grade once I bring my hamster tank home later.

Good! They look great!

-Chris

Poopians,

Thank you , I asked you if you had them shipped because I have never seen the celestial pearl danios carried in pet stores other than sites . Very nice shrimp.

Poopians,

Thank you , I asked you if you had them shipped because I have never seen the celestial pearl danios carried in pet stores other than sites . Very nice shrimp.

yah. I dont think any local store sells it unless a breeder is selling it to them. There are very little breeders for this.

Really interesting fish, we can get them around here pretty easy. I think they are a little exp and just segrest quality,

-Chris

I have a school of about 15 in my 75 gallon tank. They are very easy to breed, I currently have three 1/2 inch fry visibly so there are most likely many more hiding in the tank.

Have a gniess day. -Scott