JCFISHES, building racks

jcfishes

Myrtle beach South Carolina based, breeding program, starting with Stendker discus, and rays eventually moving into shrimp so decided to make an account here, our first round of tanks is sixteen 20 gallon and twelve 55 gallons 0bd0ce2ef784ea2043accd135fe2bc11.jpg , the first 2 stands are 96"L X 24"W cx 48"T , they house eight 20gallons each on top(for breeding pairs of discus) and two 55 gallons each on the bottom (for fry growout) the other set of stands are 96"L x 15"Wx 48"T and have two 55's on top and bottom for imported discus, flowerhorns and Arowanas, we've just started our plumbin this week 5a17288682c6509e56f91dca73a1b024.jpg0f73f4fc4294af7b5ecd55aba3c0a434.jpg27b5beb4a0966c9ec88ebf4716d74ca4.jpgdf74e2addb6eba1472bd0f9799499a16.jpg82fa9cf6db2b4c829b30ebd34c34a143.jpg7b95bbb79b0777a55e67f51528a316de.jpg4ddaa129e7602a52fbb549ebacd4bfe4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, do you know what your ph, GH and kh are? Like fish different species of shrimp have different water parameters they are comfortable at.

Our tanks aren't up and running yet but we'll be able to tweak our levels to whatever necessary, the discus need very specific parameters so setting up about her rack with different params should be too much extra

Yea shrimp are a big jump from discus lol. Are you truly here for shrimp? Or advertising discus?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea shrimp are a big jump from discus lol. Are you truly here for shrimp? Or advertising discus?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No no not here to advertise at all, I'm in a Facebook group with a member/admin here and he asked me to post a thread about my tank racks and filtration, but shrimp is a niche we want to get into

I saw jc's rack build on fb and asked for him to come here to show us how he was doing it for us to see a different perspective. :)

I'd like to correct this statement a little earlier though, "cardinas are things like cherry red shrimp and tigers, they need more specific parameters."

red cherry shrimp are neos, while cards are crystal red shrimp.  AL10 already knows this, but I think he may have been rushed for time. heh

Take your time looking around.  I think you'll like it here and find a whole new offshoot to your hobby. :thumbsu:

Oh, we also have a fish subforum here, too.  So much to see and learn.  heh  Thank you for joining as a new member!

Welcome JC! Awesome setup, definitely am envious. Ultimately your first question to answer is what type of shrimp you plan to keep, Neocaridina or Caridina shrimp? As this will be the basis of where you will build your hardware, substrate, etc on. Please feel free to ask us as many questions possible to help you navigate your way through this new world of shrimp keeping and breeding.

Welcome! I noticed it looks like you plumb your tanks in the front and close to the bottom. Are you doing an overflow water change setup or are those just for quick draining? How are you keeping the shrimp from getting sucked down the drain?

I am setting up some racks in the next month or so and looking for plumbing ideas

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk