my mixed bag of spotted head mischlings

I am starting again from scratch with my pinto mischlings/spotted heads and managed to grab a couple of new pics

of my babies.  Ive got snow whites, mosura, BKKs, black and red spotted head mischlings all living in this 10 gallon tank.

So far one of the snows is berried and they all seem to like this tank a lot.  This is the one with the soil called Micro-lift CAPM

in it.  This soil supposedly adds oxygen and nutrients to the tank to help plants grow (which they are) and my PH is down to 6.5 now.  Ive seen more activity in this tank than in any other over the last 2 years, so something is to these shrimps liking.

here's a couple of pics

2n6dds4.jpg1580ef6.jpgoksaht.jpg

sorry about the size and water spots, didn't have time to clean the inside first.

the 1st pic shows one red, one black spotted head mischling.

2nd pic shows snow white, mosura and bkk, and last pic is 2 of my red spots.

Thank you.  Yes I know, but mine is definitely down and it started at 8.4 tap water.   Ive got a lot of driftwood and lots of leaves in the tank and that helps bring down the PH over time.  Then I took out the tap water and replaced it with RO (before adding the shrimps)

There's a lot of swimming around going on right now in the tank, so looks like someone's molted and the boys are looking for her :thumbsu:

Like the look of that red one...you should get some nice babies out of him.  Ive posted a couple of new pics of mine on the other thread, take a look at the new breeding stock Ive managed to get my hands on.  Local guy, so doesn't ship (sorry) but for me....great!  Im grabbing the red and black zebra pintos he's got (in the picture) to upgrade my stock.  My new tank is doing great and I have molts almost every day, so something's working out this time around....finger's crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw my black zebra pinto baby and the other 2 red ones out and about yesterday. They hid for about a week after I got them, but now they are joining the other youngsters in roaming around the tank.  I am just waiting on my snow white mamma to drop her babies as I don't know if one of the Pintos is the daddy.  There were a few molts in the tank this week too, so someone is growing, but haven't seen any other females berried yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool....so far I only see 2 of them on a regular basis now. I think maybe the other 4 have died, but then again they could be hiding anywhere in the tank.  I only see the 2 more adventurous ones every other day, so I think they are still wary of the adults.

Going to set up a 20 gallon long with Akadama soil in a couple of weeks and transfer some of the bigger adults into that...so far no more breeding, yet parameters are all good.  PH 6.5, no ammonia, no nitrites, no nitrates, KH is barely 1, GH is 3-4...don't know what the problem is???

I am away from home right now, so don't know what is going on in the tank.  Before I left I only saw 2 of the pinto babies that were always out and about...I think the others may not have survived.  Hoping the lights being off while Im away will have allowed some breeding to go on, if not then that's OK too.