What should I do with my tailess Endler?

Sprice

I recently got 6 Endlers and when I got home I noticed one of the little guys was very small but also had half his tail missing :( He seems ok but the others all swim around together and he just swims on the spot out of the way. The day after I noticed him join the others for their first feed and he seemed quite energetic but the rest of his tail had gone! He still comes out for food and the others don't seem to bother him but I'm concerned he's not having a great time. I don't have another tank for him, would it be best to remove him or see how he gets on?

f60116653642a5ca57cc12fb280554e0.jpg

It's difficult to get photos of the others for comparison as they are quite 'zippy' and look like they are having a great time. Going to treat them to some blood worms this afternoon. [emoji4]

e8912c09a56ed9989629b3bf797c5a46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They are supposedly cobra endlers. X

Yes they are Cobra's.

His fin should be fine without any meds .

Endler males will fight fins grow back.

They develop a hierarchy and even the smallest male can become the boss .

Guppy grass or water sprite goes a long way as far as breaking up fights and would do well in your set up .

That's great, thank you for the advice. I will have a look into Guppy grass or water sprite. Is it bit like the equivalent of cat nip for Guppy's? Always in favour of natural remedies where possible over chemicals although I know not always avoidable.

Guppy grass is just a plant which doesn't need to be planted as far as substrate nor attached to anything .  On its own it sinks and a great escape place for little fish who are being chased by other fish .

I find my endlers more aggressive with each other than male guppies but with thick hiding plants they don't bother the weakest endler .  They can be much nippier than common guppies .

Water sprite is as good .

I have never used meds for torn fins and they heal no problem.  Endlers heal very well .

This is guppy grass --

post-74-0-04125800-1452884685_thumb.jpg

I like the look of it too, think it work well with my existing plants. I'll try and get some tomorrow.

Unfortunately I can't find 'no tail'. I came back from work and no sign. I hadn't fed them today so popped and algae wafer in to try and coax him out but no sign :( I'm guessing if he had died he would float to the top? I'm hoping he's just hiding again.

He could be dead on the bottom , if he recently died .

Endlers pick the weakest fish and harass him but hide areas reduce this .  They nip the tail fin.

I keep them outside but I do have a few diff types inside and the top dog is the tiniest green endler

Found him Soothing Shrimp! Was watching one of my assasin snails and then up he popped!

He's now just settled down on a moss ball and I don't know if it's just wishful thinking but his tail looks like it's grown back a bit! Bit hard to tell really but it doesn't look like it's getting any shorter.

I'm now thinking maybe get some grass and some meds, it can't hurt right?

0f6f9071050294241100ca6174c78f62.jpg

I'm really rooting for the little guy!

Louie, really interesting that your smallest Endler is king! I'd love it if 'no tail' grew his tail back and became the leader of the pack! [emoji6]

Will keep you posted.

Found him Soothing Shrimp! Was watching one of my assasin snails and then up he popped!

He's now just settled down on a moss ball and I don't know if it's just wishful thinking but his tail looks like it's grown back a bit! Bit hard to tell really but it doesn't look like it's getting any shorter.

I'm now thinking maybe get some grass and some meds, it can't hurt right?

0f6f9071050294241100ca6174c78f62.jpg

I'm really rooting for the little guy!

Louie, really interesting that your smallest Endler is king! I'd love it if 'no tail' grew his tail back and became the leader of the pack! [emoji6]

Will keep you posted.

If you like endlers and hybrids-

http://www.swampriveraquatics.com/

I saw his place years ago but he stopped selling them .  I don't know why .