WTB Green Mesh

DETAquarium

Hey ShrimpSpot!

I know many of you, especially those who import use green mesh within your shrimp shipment bags. From my understanding it is simply a mesh that is used to house fruit, but slightly different than what we use here in the United States.

If you have some your willing to sell or can point me in the direction to purchase some it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

DETAquarium

How about using a shower scruber... I dont know the technical name. Its soft and made of mesh type material, you could probably pick one up at a dollar store. If you cut it up you will have tons of mesh available.

A loofah. I've used these in the past and they are awesome http://images.wisegeek.com/loofah-for-bathing.jpg. I also use Poly filter floss to create divisions in my tank.

Hey ShrimpSpot!

I know many of you, especially those who import use green mesh within your shrimp shipment bags. From my understanding it is simply a mesh that is used to house fruit, but slightly different than what we use here in the United States.

If you have some your willing to sell or can point me in the direction to purchase some it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

DETAquarium

I've seen some with smaller openings at the grocery store. Do you have a picture of what you're looking for?

That's the same stuff I've seen and I think garlic portions come in mesh bags that have a tighter pattern. 

Not sure why your second link doesn't show up in your original post  :huh:

I will take a picture tonight, I have found the green mesh you have posted already, but what I am referring is what Blue Crown Aqua, and Joe's Aqua Sales usually puts in their shrimp bags when shipping.

Is the mesh just there for the shrimp to cling to in shipping? is it to hold many shrimp bags together during shipping?

If it is to cling to, and loofah slices work, you can grow those in your back yard.

The ads I have seen say a bit of moss is included for the shrimp to cling to, though if you are moving bazillions of shrimp per month growing that much moss would be problematic.. same for loofahs.

Is this the one your looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLANT-NET-120cm-Live-Aquarium-Java-Aquatic-Fish-tank-/250815405265?hash=item3a65c35cd1:m:mzDB-Z7faLy7RpbER5yJdMQ

I notice my local guys I purchase from use some really thin piece of filter floss and the shrimp cling on during shipment...

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Green-Plastic-Produce-Package/dp/B017HJRZ9K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1453864895&sr=8-5&keywords=green+produce+mesh  <- that stuff?

Or, as someone else mentioned, if you just get a green bath poof

51poBtwg3rL._SY300_.jpg

and dig into the middle you can cut the threads holding it into a poof and you'll have like a 50ft tube of the same stuff.

I use it for attaching moss to stuff.

I think you all hit the nail on the head, after checking out the mesh I received from Joe's Aqua this is what I received:

Anyone see any drawbacks to using this, chemically or in general? Thanks again for your help all!

post-127-0-36399400-1453900081_thumb.jpg

I had that stuff from Joe's shrimp and it's very stiff. I like that it keeps its form. Shrimp just hold to it. The shower poofs are soft and they try to get back to their form. I'm afraid that shrimp can get trapped in the poof.

This mesh would purely be for shipping. I only have Buce and Mini Pellia in my shrimp tanks, so I needed something to ship along with the shrimp. I placed an order for this mesh yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017HJRZ9K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Thanks for the reference.

Be careful I placed an order yesterday for $12.98 shipped, and now today its shows its $69 plus shipping.