Breather bags

svetilda

I'm in need of breather bags but I have no idea what brand to order. I've read posts in the review forum but still don't know what to order Kordon or LongLife. I don't have experience with any of them (I only shipped shrimp once and it was a Kordon bag but received them in both brands). What should I order?

TIA!

I've used both and had both used when I ordered shrimp from others and i don't really find any difference. One is cheaper then the other. Some people are more comfortable with Kordon. 

With the Long lifes, make sure you don't tie them too tight. Leave them a little soft so if the box is dropped it doesn't explode/pop.

I'm not really sure if one is truly better then the other. 

I have an unrelated question about breather bags... sorry to get all up your post..

DO you guys have any special method for opening these things?    It's easy for the ones that are sealed with a bag sealer, but when I get shipments that just have a knot tied in the bag, I cant ever just untie it, and I seriously struggle to get the damn things open without it draining all the water out from the first little knick, and I'm always terrified of crushing my shrimp.

I have tried both, may sound wierd but I don't like the stiching along the bottom of the bag on the long life or other breather bag brands.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have shipped over 1500 bags of shrimp.. Id say 800-900 with kordons, 600-700 with long life. With kordon i probably had 10-15 blowouts, long life 0 blowouts. When i first started using them i didnt rubber band the top and one long lifes knot came undone and they all died, but since i started tying AND ysing a rubber band.. No issue.

I certainly haven't shipped quite as much as some of you, but ever since Kordon switched manufacturing and got rid of our beloved 5x8" bags I switched to Long Life 6x9" bags as they are most comparable in size. Knock on wood I haven't had one issue!