WTB Thai micro crabs

BlueMantis

I'm looking to purchase 10-15 of these awesome guys (Thai micro freshwater crabs) if anyone here knows about or has any that they have kept or even breed successfully.  Any leads or hints if I cannot acquire them here would also be appreciated 

curious why they are bad news? their aquabid feedback isnt bad

One reason why the feedback isnt bad is they will change their name when there are to many bad reviews or feedback. I know for sure they changed the business name twice in the past 6 months but I think its been 3 times in the past year.  Many on here have had bad experience's so have I. They take orders and delay shipment due to not having enough inventory, wont respond to emails, shorting orders or substituting items that aren't even in the same category, not shipping you what was pictured and described, they are known to ship diseased shrimp. I can keep going on and on. I'm going to be brutally honest, THEY SUCK !!!!!!!!

I'm not one of those crazy kind of customers that have unrealistic expectations, I'm very easy going and easy to deal with. Ask the major sponsors and breeders on here. But trust me when I say stay away from them.

One reason why the feedback isnt bad is they will change their name when there are to many bad reviews or feedback. I know for sure they changed the business name twice in the past 6 months but I think its been 3 times in the past year.  Many on here have had bad experience's so have I. They take orders and delay shipment due to not having enough inventory, wont respond to emails, shorting orders or substituting items that aren't even in the same category, not shipping you what was pictured and described, they are known to ship diseased shrimp. I can keep going on and on. I'm going to be brutally honest, THEY SUCK !!!!!!!!

I'm not one of those crazy kind of customers that have unrealistic expectations, I'm very easy going and easy to deal with. Ask the major sponsors and breeders on here. But trust me when I say stay away from them.

Thanks for informing us!

curious why they are bad news? their aquabid feedback isnt bad

I've seen lots of reports of people receiving sick shrimp from them, green fungus or vorticela.

Also a lot of problems with orders shipping late or bad communications with customers

I've seen lots of reports of people receiving sick shrimp from them, green fungus or vorticela.

Also a lot of problems with orders shipping late or bad communications with customers

They have such a nice website, I think they should be great. But alas, I too have had a bad experience.

does anyone have any opinions about Soshrimp on Ebay and Amazon and whatnot?  I'm trying to determine if i should buy from them.  They seem to have loads of positive reviews but you know how that works.

does anyone have any opinions about Soshrimp on Ebay and Amazon and whatnot? I'm trying to determine if i should buy from them. They seem to have loads of positive reviews but you know how that works.

Ive bought shrimps (goldenback neos) from Soshrimp before. Pretty good stock and service was great ime. I would recommend Soshrimp.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Bought CRS and Wine Reds from Soshrimp within the past 6 months. Nice quality shrimp, fast shipping, and excellent communication.

I had actually purchased 10 tiger shrimp this week from bobs tropical plants that came in today.  All 10 of these shrimp where DOA in a messy pile in the bag :/.  I had purchased a heat pack to ensure that my shrimp remained alive on their journey,  but when I opened the package it was directly on top of the bag with the shrimp in it.  This leads me to believe that the shrimp where roasted because it seems they had been dead for some time when I saw them.  I emailed Bobs at the directed location with 4 pictures with multiple angles of the DOA plus the packaging.  It took him all day to respond (which is understandable, we all have lives), but all that I had received was a short, and rather unfriendly one sentence response saying I could only get store credit, while losing the shipping and heat pack costs.  I'm not sure if this is just some bizarre incident and I happen to be that unlucky dude, but I most likely will not be purchasing from this seller again once I use up that "store credit".

P.S I'm not blaming any of you guys I LOVE the advice you have given me, I just had to vent somewhere and share my experience.

12 hours ago, BlueMantis said:

I had actually purchased 10 tiger shrimp this week from bobs tropical plants that came in today.  All 10 of these shrimp where DOA in a messy pile in the bag :/.  I had purchased a heat pack to ensure that my shrimp remained alive on their journey,  but when I opened the package it was directly on top of the bag with the shrimp in it.  This leads me to believe that the shrimp where roasted because it seems they had been dead for some time when I saw them.  I emailed Bobs at the directed location with 4 pictures with multiple angles of the DOA plus the packaging.  It took him all day to respond (which is understandable, we all have lives), but all that I had received was a short, and rather unfriendly one sentence response saying I could only get store credit, while losing the shipping and heat pack costs.  I'm not sure if this is just some bizarre incident and I happen to be that unlucky dude, but I most likely will not be purchasing from this seller again once I use up that "store credit".

P.S I'm not blaming any of you guys I LOVE the advice you have given me, I just had to vent somewhere and share my experience.

I had a similar experience with a seller on aquabid.  He sent me a bag of dwarf crayfish with a heat pack sitting directly on top of it.  As soon as I opened the box, you could smell death.  They got completely roasted and had been dead a long time.  I've never even shipped live animals of any kind before.  But all I could think was "Why the heck would someone put the heat pack directly on top of the bag?"  Needless to say, it's an extremely stupid thing to do.  And for a company that does as much business as Bob's Tropicals, it blows my mind that they would do something like that. 

I would actually like to clarify that the actual heat pack itself was wrapped in newspaper, but it was still in contact with the bag of live animals so i don't know if that would still cause as much damage?

I know alot of shrimp and mini cray sellers use the USPS small box, the 7x6x6 box and use it with stryo liner and a heat pack on top. This is completely fine, so long as there is enough newspaper  helping to put space between them so its not sitting directly ontop. The heatpack should be wrapped in newspaper and there should be a good amount of newspaper between the bag and the heatpack. Often I even cut a square of styro, or a small piece of cardboard along with the newspaper inbetween to help create some space.

I have shipped and received hundreds of these small boxes with heat packs inside and only once I had someone mail baby plecos to me and he threw the heatpack direct ontop of the bag. They came completely melted, brown water. 

SO there is a big difference if you put some space fillers (like newspaper, little cardboard also with newspaper etc between the bag and heatpack.

Also your bag should also be wrapped in newspaper, further protecting the bag from direct heat.

I've bought shrimp from members here and they all use the small box I mention above. Some use heatpacks , some don't. Usually its the people from the warm states that don't use heat.

On 3/17/2016 at 7:02 PM, Jynn said:

I think your going to run into these diseases with Neos more often then you think, with ANYONE who imports shrimp and resells them. Whether they have a good reputation or bad one, these importers are all buying shrimp from the shrimp farms in asia where these diseases are common. I've had shrimp arrive with no sign of disease and then show disease a few days later. They are coming from tanks where there there is or were sick shrimp. Its hard to avoid, but its possible and some things are treatable.

well it was wrapped in some newspaper but there was absolutely no filler within this box, just one bag of air off to the side and more than half of a box full of nothing else, which I assume would cause the shrimp to be shaken up more than they need to be.  The point is though these shrimp had all come 100% dead with orange-ish colored water.  In my opinion this type of negligence is easily avoided and any seller should at LEAST make an effort to communicate better with a frustrated customer other than one sentence of "hey, our bad".

1 minute ago, dazalea said:

I think your going to run into these diseases with Neos more often then you think, with ANYONE who imports shrimp and resells them. Whether they have a good reputation or bad one, these importers are all buying shrimp from the shrimp farms in asia where these diseases are common. I've had shrimp arrive with no sign of disease and then show disease a few days later. They are coming from tanks where there there is or were sick shrimp. Its hard to avoid, but its possible and some things are treatable.

This is actually why I try to keep a sort of quarantine tank for my new shrimp to live in for a few days :D