Tearing down a tank

That sucks. My boyfriend just gets that my hobbies are part of the package. If you've already put that much money into it how much more do you need to spend? Your not going to get back nearly what you spent. It just seems silly to me [emoji853]. If you must, maybe try the marketplace here? Or see what a local fish store might offer for your stock/ setup. I also have sold old tanks on Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my biggest issues is I have tons of babies literally probably over a 100 when I tear it down I'd like to do it all at one time but I've got nobody locally that would buy them and I'm not sure how I would catch to ship them it's a mixed tank of mischlings tibees, Taitibees and Tbs

If there's a way to buy from California id take some :(

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:57 PM, Glasshalffull said:

One of my biggest issues is I have tons of babies literally probably over a 100 when I tear it down I'd like to do it all at one time but I've got nobody locally that would buy them and I'm not sure how I would catch to ship them it's a mixed tank of mischlings tibees, Taitibees and Tbs

not sure if you've resolved the issue but I'm sure people would buy random scoops o shrimp.

When I got into the hobby I told my wife this is not to make money it's because I enjoy it, but in the end a happy wife is a happy home so best of luck in future hobbies.

You can post a sale on the market section for shrimps and equipment can easily be sold in local craigslist.

Man, that's rough.  I'm sorry to hear that, man.

You could try to make a deal with someone in the hobby that you send the shrimp, and in the future they send some back to you when you laid low long enough.

If that's not possible AB or the marketplace here will sell. 

For emergency "get it out now" you can do a raok or several raoks here.

Again, sorry to hear the situation you are in. I remember someone stating they made a deal with the wife. Whatever they spent on their hobby, the wife could spend the same on what she wanted. Seemed to work out well.

That's messed up. I have 13 tanks and my husband even built me a big stand for 4 for them. If he told me I had to get rid of them that wouldn't go over well at all. :(

But if you have to I think on here would be a good place if you're willing to ship, or craigslist if you don't want to mess with shipping.