Giant African Snails- Invasive, But Apparently Tasty

Pika

We have the giant snails here . They have been here for years but only about 3 years ago did authorities notice .

They are very pretty golden shelled snails . I have only seen 2 but found them very pretty as far as shell .

They are no threat to Everglades because everything from birds, raccoons , gators find them easy snacks but they are a threat to citrus farm tree saplings and other plants .

subtle,

You have never eaten snails ?     Rather good .

We ran across the issue of african snails being illegal when we were hunting for live Neothuama snails for a Tang biotope... I'd still love doing a Tang invert tank. The Platyphusa crabs and Caridina shrimp would be fun, even if getting the rest is not likely.

Subtle,

Frog legs are delicious and farm raised not taken from the wild . There is frog farm like 20 minutes from here which is simply fenced in ponds  . I tried Bison and found it very tough and Kangaroo is out of the question, lol

Country,

I don't but some catch these snails by the abandoned Every glades sugar plantations and keep them . Same thing with the illegal Giant Gambian rats found by Key west.   Snails aren't my idea of pets but Sponge Bob's snail is like a pet dog.

Yep same here I easily pass 3 to 4 new deer road kills every day to and from work. We action have more people killed in deer vs car crashes than anything else combines. Last I looked any ways.