Giant African Snails- Invasive, But Apparently Tasty

Pika

Speaking of invasive species... my wife tried suggesting I let my mountain minnows I had no idea what to do with go in the lake we live on. I had to explain to her why that's so bad.

Chris

I mentioned the Anaconda as it was on news that there is one in that lake

The pacus would die come winter as will this anaconda .

Would think the snakeheads would also because NJ gets freezing.

I also watch River Monsters . One of my favorites was the episode on the giant snakeheads with their black/white markings  and the bull sharks in the Amazon.

I have seen small bull sharks in freshwater canals some distance from saltwater in Key west .

I also watch River Monsters . One of my favorites was the episode on the giant snakeheads with their black/white markings and the bull sharks in the Amazon.

I have seen small bull sharks in freshwater canals some distance from saltwater in Key west .

Kinda makes ya think twice about rivers hu?

Well in Florida , Its a given that there could at min be large gators in a river . I wouldn't swim in them .

The bull sharks I have seen in freshwater canals were small 2  feet .   In theory all Bull sharks can stand fresh and I know that adults have been caught in the Amazon and African rivers but I have never heard of any of the older time fishermen ever say that they have seen adults in canals here only babies .