Ever seen this??

BrownWater

Looks like a berried female molted and left the babies behind.

Could they have survived in a brine shrimp hatchery -salt?

Just curious. Would be good to know for future reference...

This was from like 6-8 months ago. The quality of the shrimp I got where horrid. None of them made it past a week. Most didn't make it the first night. Think I bought like 12 of them.

I didn't know you could artificially raise the eggs. Quite interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See and my pet smart ottos have done a hundred times better then ones from my lfs, and have better colors.

I did find a fish store that is amazing and takes care of their stock very well (first lfs I have seen that chooses the correct light and co2 for plants). But it's 2 hours away, I'll stop in there if I am on that side of the state but won't drive there otherwise.

I just quit working at PETsMART. There ethics towards he welfare of the animals has changed. I heard that one of the share holders sold his shares because stock were down and petco wants to buy the shares. I won't support that

I also think that the use of tap or RO water could have influenced your shrimp. Tap water parameters can vary depending on where you are. Someone who lives a street or two away could have harder/softer water, drastically different gH etc. If the conditions of the fish you got from that lfs were very poor then it would be likely that the shrimp were kept in similarly poor water conditions and they had a hard time getting used to better conditions due to weakened immune systems. 

I think I've also read something about if you are frequently changing water in your tank then it can influence your shrimp to molt more or less. Was the tank that the shrimp were in a mature tank or was it newly set up?

• 2 weeks later...