Blue Leg Poso Shrimp coming!!

OblongShrimp

I have 200 Blue Leg Poso shrimp on their way that should be here on Monday :).  Pricing will likely be in the $8-10 range.

post-1-0-13347300-1408165721_thumb.jpg

Not much, I think they are the same as sulawesi species but from what I have heard from members here they are supposed to be easier and more prolific then cardinals.

I have actually researched these alot since they are my favorite. I don't mean to step on any toes, but feel free to message me any questions.

I will be ordering some from you as soon as you think they are settled in enough to sell.

Chris

Your not stepping on any toes, I would love any information you have on them  (feel free to post it here so everyone can use it).  I am currently keeping them like the rest of my sulawesi's.

Ok. I have my set of notes on them at the office so I will try and dig it up tomorrow when I get it.

Keeping them in simular parameters as other sulawesi shrimp is the way to go. Most keep them at 8.5ph, but they are also fine at 7.5; the tank I have set up planning on starting a colony of them is set at 7.5.

They supposing breed quite well, much closer to cherries then other Sulawesis but still slightly harder.

For hardiness they also fall between cherries and other sulawesi breeds.

Sexing I have heard is hard.

Temp around 80*, gh 6-8.

The breed itself is rare in the states but had some popularity in germany. Information is hard to find and I have been waiting a few months for a US seller. Thankfully Will came though on this for us, they are beautiful and if I haven't said it already my favorite shrimp breed.

I don't see why they couldn't be kept with cardinals since they need similar water and shouldn't interbreed.

• 2 months later...

Yes I do, they are breeding for me too so I have a bunch of babies running around, some of which are starting to get close to adult size I think. 

Don't worry they are doing well and breeding for me so I should have plenty :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to do an update. It's been a few months since I've talked. I ended up buy 15, sadly only have 6 now. I was having issues with ss 7.5 staying at gh6 even now I try for a rang of 6-8. Repeat... loss issues were all mine not the stock.

But since I haven't though of a way to switch to ss 8.5, I have just got into a better habit of check water conditions. I have had 1 set of babies, and now the female (I think the only left) is berried again.

Pictures attached of the baby (they are almost black, it's next to a cherry), and the berried mom.

post-152-141704928959_thumb.jpg

post-152-141704930799_thumb.jpg