Wire shelves shrimp rack

Shrimpo

As I promised another member in the forum, here's my work in progress shrimp rack.

The 3 tanks on top have Caridina shrimp, the 3 ones below for Neos and the rest is 1 x Paracaridina, Cardinals, Royal Blue tigers and Malawa.

The tank all the way to the left at the bottom is the sump, the water pumped up to the 3 tanks, each tank drips on the one below, each tank has sponge at the overflow to prevent shrimplets from escaping and act as biological/mechanical filter.

post-184-0-06741500-1406587163_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-67003700-1406587180_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-09062400-1406587195_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-71944500-1406587211_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-28773600-1406587227_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-97795700-1406587242_thumb.jpg

post-184-0-90344900-1406587257_thumb.jpg

Whats the gadget on the upper left part of the rack?

So cool, you said its a WIP what other improvements are you going to add?

Also what did you use to drill the holes in the critterkeepers, and how do you seal water from leaking thru the holes?

The gadget on the top is PH, TDS and Temp monitor, I am still working on the sump, I want to add something to it to lower TDS, so far I just put activated carbon as chemical filtration.

I used step drill bit, just make sure the drill is at slow mode otherwise the acrylic will melt. make sure the holes are slightly smaller than the hose and there will be no leak as shown in this picture.

post-184-0-99677500-1406600982_thumb.jpg

Awesome,love the simple idea and setup. Want to do something like this all on the same sump. Thanks for showing your rack! *hands beads, runs away*

All this rack talk I was thinking the same as Chris lol.... We need a more sophisticated term like modular shrimp display lol

Lol can't help it haha

Dont those shrimp you keep in there all require different water params? If theyre sharing water source will they be okay?

Yes they do. Or do they? I think all his shrimp are doing well. It could be the modular shrimp rack from the future = ]

Dont those shrimp you keep in there all require different water params? If theyre sharing water source will they be okay?

Most my shrimp keeping projects are for experimenting purpose, I try different methods and see what happens. the only ones that are not breeding are Orange Neos, CBS and Snow white/ Golden. Royal Blue tigers berried but no shrimplet yet.

Ooo perfect dimensions haha. Thanks will do some more research tonight! Did you look at the particle board ones at all? In terms of replacing with plywood or do you think the wire is a much safer route?