If only one....

If you could only choose one type of shrimp food to feed your shrimp, what would it be?

I think I would pick EBITA Breed Quatro II.

Mk breed cheeseburger haha. They love it.

You use them as well, eh?

If I'm stuck with one, I'd stick with MK-BREED Red Diamond for all my crystal and WRs, Black Diamond for all my BKK/BB/OEBT/BTOE, and cheeseburger for neos.

That's the only food MK feeds his PRL (some are worth more than $1000 ea), and you should see how many he has. I plan to visit him in November and will take many pictures. Here is a tube link for one of his tank : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JDT8iVGM8

And my humble version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqzKyxUEOh0

To my defense, I did mine before him and he got inspired by mine ;-) And that he is a professional photographer. (that's my story and I'll stick with it.)

My shrimp really dig Bacter AE. In the wild they eat bio film and what ever flow's down stream, there main diet in the wild is algae and it something like 35% crude protein just in algae intake. 

Ita hard to feed one food though because most are lacking one thing or another.

I agree thats why I posed this question.

If I'm stuck with one, I'd stick with MK-BREED Red Diamond for all my crystal and WRs, Black Diamond for all my BKK/BB/OEBT/BTOE, and cheeseburger for neos.

That's the only food MK feeds his PRL (some are worth more than $1000 ea), and you should see how many he has. I plan to visit him in November and will take many pictures. Here is a tube link for one of his tank : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JDT8iVGM8

And my humble version : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqzKyxUEOh0

To my defense, I did mine before him and he got inspired by mine ;-) And that he is a professional photographer. (that's my story and I'll stick with it.)

I am very curious to try the MK Breed shrimp food and products. Thanks Randy. I noticed the ingredients for the Red and Black Diamond are the same?

That's the only food MK feeds his PRL (some are worth more than $1000 ea), and you should see how many he has. I plan to visit him in November and will take many pictures. Here is a tube link for one of his tank :

And my humble version :

So.. MK feeds his own products and sells it as well. Sounds like a logical thing to do to be honest. Hahaha. I wouldn't make a product and feed my shrimps Shirakura or Mosura. That wouldn't speak well of my own product. [emoji1]

I would be careful feed the MK foods to some neos. It contains astaxanthin, which as Soothing can attest to will dye some neo colors to be a completely different color. I believe his yellows stayed green for a whole year.

I feed my orange tank that has royal blue culls MK black diamond.

My oranges are orange still

And my Royal blue culls looks like I paid top dollar for them :)

But I didn't.

I would be careful feed the MK foods to some neos. It contains astaxanthin, which as Soothing can attest to will dye some neo colors to be a completely different color. I believe his yellows stayed green for a whole year.

Started as green and then turned to an icky brown streaky color.  Yepper, a whole year after less than a month of using astaxanthin.

Started as green and then turned to an icky brown streaky color.  Yepper, a whole year after less than a month of using astaxanthin.

Wow, really? What does astaxanthin do to change color pigment? This ingredient is found in some "Color Enhancing" foods like Shirakura Ebi-Dama Vivid, right?

It's a natural dye. It basically works by just dyeing your shrimp red. It's the reason salmon meat is red, they eat a lot of food that has astaxanthin in it.

But in Soothing's case it had an adverse effect?

Yeah, well it works in fish to make them redder.  In neos it tends to overly work by bringing out blue and then changing to brown.  Not only on pigment, but tissue too.  So it has a different effect.  I'm told it doesn't have that effect in crs though.

But if you don't believe me, it's easy to try yourself by giving your neo shrimp astaxanthin powder for a month and see what happens.  I kept a journal when I did my experiment, because there was differing information on the web..

Wow very interesting. Astaxanthin is only causes pigmentation alteration with Neos? CRS, CBS, Taiwan Bees, etc are all safe?