MK-BREED Q & A

randy

First off, here is a clip of his shrimp tank : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JDT8iVGM8

I just got off a phone conversation with MK and told him that how excited I am that I found this forum. So he will be taking questions on how he keeps and breeds his Pure Red Line shrimp and any questions on his product line.

For a list of this products you can find on his facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/mkbreed

** DO NOT ask questions about buying his shrimps or product in this post, those are more suitable by PMs. **

Here are a few fine examples of his PRL.

1471931_560193450723182_2086411276_n.jpg

1472839_561152727293921_954973869_n.jpg

And my favourite ....

559769_158211717723409_1262435115_n.jpg

This is fantastic Randy, I do have a question about the MK-Breed Black Diamond and Red Diamond shrimp food. What is the difference, from what I can tell they have the same ingredients?

This is fantastic Randy, I do have a question about the MK-Breed Black Diamond and Red Diamond shrimp food. What is the difference, from what I can tell they have the same ingredients?

That's why I called him this afternoon, I had the information but wanted to confirm with him again.

The Red Diamond and Black Diamond are different in the following ways,

1. Colour enhencing ingredient. Red contains stuff that promote red colour, Black contains stuff for black/blue.

2. For earlier batches of Black Diamond, 2% of squid extract was used to increase the palatability. Other than that, all protein are from plant source (algae, not soybean). The new Black Diamond now also contains 100% plant protein. The reason behind the 2% squid extract is because BKK (the main target) are less agressive eater and slow grower, the idea was to get them to eat more and grow faster.

3. In fact, all MK's food are made of 100% plant source protein (from algae), only Cheeseburger contains certain soybean product for fiber.

i saw the last photo before, so you mean it's from MK-Breed?

Yes, 100%. It was to be shipped to me as my birthday present last year .... then someone in HK hijacked it for $1,500 dollars ;-(

They stole the shipment or the seller canceled your order in favor of more money or was it a free be to you and they sold it insted?

MK was giving that one to me as a gift, and posted that pic. Then someone in HK really liked it, so I told MK it's okay to sell it instead. No bad feelings there at all.

Yes, 100%. It was to be shipped to me as my birthday present last year .... then someone in HK hijacked it for $1,500 dollars ;-(

Wow, worth every penny of it, I wish I can afford it. 

The reason I ask is because I heard this is from Crimson.

thanks for the clarification.

2nd this.

Heard MK-Breed is Crimson HK and that Crimson is helping push the line to market.

Can you confirm?

MK was giving that one to me as a gift, and posted that pic. Then someone in HK really liked it, so I told MK it's okay to sell it instead. No bad feelings there at all.

Ah I see, the way it sounded to me was you got the short end. Glad it wasn't that way.

MK has a very close relation with crimson Taiwan. It is normal for them to promote products for each other. I know he got a lot of his breeding crew from Crimson Japan (海老) who is considered top breeder by many.

Those are hands down some of the best prl shrimp I have EVER seen!

Oh, and price talk, links are allowed on this forum in posts. I know in some others you get your hands slapped. LOL

I knew this is the best forum !

I understand not to solicit business in open forum and will obey that even if It is not in rules. These links are all for product descriptions and you wont find any price there.

We are all promoting this hobby, some do it as a business some as individuals, but all with the same goal.

MK has a very close relation with crimson Taiwan. It is normal for them to promote products for each other. I know he got a lot of his breeding crew from Crimson Japan (海老) who is considered top breeder by many.

But the question is this particular shrimp is from Crimson's tank or MK-Breed's tank?

Even the parents are from Crimson is fine.

But the question is this particular shrimp is from Crimson's tank or MK-Breed's tank?

I will confirm with him when he wakes up.

For the the shrimp in the third picture, it is 100% from MK's tank. That picture got pretty famous and shared on FB by many different groups and individuals. This particular picture should be the only one you see without MK's logo, because he posted it on my group so he didn't put his logo on.

If anyone claims this picture is from a different source, please provide me the link and MK will deal with that. There has been a few violations in stealing his pictures (he is a professional photographer). Of course, if the new owner takes more recent picture of it then that's a different story. It is easy to prove who is the originator, MK has the full size image file, all others only have the compressed version from the web.

Let's get back to the topic, if anyone has any question about his shrimps or product, this is the place to get his answers. Thanks.

Randy, if you could, please share what your thoughts are about the MK-Breed Blood Diamond with everyone on the forum as well as MK's thoughts about the product as well!

You've mentioned it to me a few tims before in previous chats but I'd like to have that shared with everyone

Randy, if you could, please share what your thoughts are about the MK-Breed Blood Diamond with everyone on the forum as well as MK's thoughts about the product as well!

You've mentioned it to me a few tims before in previous chats but I'd like to have that shared with everyone

Thanks  evodrgn. I sure can try.

MK-Breed Blood Diamond (click to see detailed product description) is a shrimp tank water additive.  It contains chitin and other necessary elements to promote a healthy molting and breeding. It's similar to SMW but with more stuff added.

I add about half a cap weekly to my tanks. I have not seen a bad molt for a long time. Also, a TB tank of mine didn't breed at all for 3-4 month, after using this for about 4 weesk, the breeding took off. Currently have 200 babies in a 13 G tank of all size. This is a pure TB tank without mischling, the breeding was expected to be slower, not to say I'm very happy. I can't say for sure it's because of this product as it's not enough data, but I've been using this for most of my tanks and people who have come to visit my shrimproom can confirm how many babies I have ;-)

I have to say that, these products are helpful but not necessary. I had good experience before I used these products too, but I just feel more comfortable using these products for high end shrimps. A bottle can last for more than a year for a tank, and if I increase even just 5% of breeding it's worth my investment.

Caution: DO NOT OVERDOSE this as it contains chitin. If you do, it will act just like breeding aids, your male shrimps will go crazy and your female shrimps will molt. Not recommended ;-)

Thanks for the response. It was very informative! 

Time for the next question hehe. I've only used Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra and Shirakura Ca+ for remineralizing my tanks and have been curious about the MK-Breed Blue Diamond. In your opinion what sets it apart from the other two? Again we've had this discussion previously but I'd like for the information to be shared with the community please! =P

Time for the next question hehe. I've only used Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra and Shirakura Ca+ for remineralizing my tanks and have been curious about the MK-Breed Blue Diamond. In your opinion what sets it apart from the other two? Again we've had this discussion previously but I'd like for the information to be shared with the community please! =P

I have my answer but I will forward this to MK for his, stay tuned.

For the the shrimp in the third picture, it is 100% from MK's tank. That picture got pretty famous and shared on FB by many different groups and individuals. This particular picture should be the only one you see without MK's logo, because he posted it on my group so he didn't put his logo on.

If anyone claims this picture is from a different source, please provide me the link and MK will deal with that. There has been a few violations in stealing his pictures (he is a professional photographer). Of course, if the new owner takes more recent picture of it then that's a different story. It is easy to prove who is the originator, MK has the full size image file, all others only have the compressed version from the web.

Let's get back to the topic, if anyone has any question about his shrimps or product, this is the place to get his answers. Thanks.

Thanks for double check. I will PM you the link.

This is about the Blue Diamond (GH booster):

If we are just talking about adding something to tank water so GH or TDS gets to certain level, there are many cheaper ways (drywall powder is actually one of them, but would you use that to a tank with many highly loved shrimps?). You can also get the Ca and Mg powder very cheap and mix them at set ratio to create the "same" effect. But does that really give you the same result?

MK doesn't want to comment on other brands, but for Blue Diamond, it's all "organic". This product is made by processing seawater, resulted after a series of treatments  to remove the salt (NaCl) and other unwanted parts. So it's not just the GH, it also contains trace elements and essentials needed by any aquatic animals. He will send me his application for an export permit which includes the high level description of how this product is made, it's an official document and he has to prove it true, this is to let you know the process is not "made up".

MK knows powder type GH booster will greatly reduce the cost for shipping, but it's just not feasible the way Blue Diamond is manufactured. He is also concerned that powder type may create parts of the tank that have too high a concentration of Calcium and other minerals. It is not easy to dissolve calcium powder 100% in a short time.

Thanks for double check. I will PM you the link.

Thanks James, MK had it dealt with. Action should be taken in the next day or two.