Soothing Shrimp's Silly Shrimping

Soothing Shrimp

Very interesting reading about your selective breeding projects. Put me on the list for nessies.....and sunshine & sapphires too!

Maybe I missed it but what size tanks are you using for most of your projects?

So due to the fact of food playing such a big role in my current crays, I'm moving them out.  I like 'em, but I'm a selective breeder and need colors! LOL  I'm open to just about any trade, so they are in the market section here.  Some people bought some from me this year and last year for aquaponics, which I thought was kinda cool. 

5 basic types of "common" snails that come on plants.

Ramshorn

Mini Ramshorn (tiny snails with shells flat on glass)

Limpets (look like tiny white half clam shells on glass)

Pond and Bladder

Different views are held on these snails.  Some people don't like snails.  Too unsightly, "dirty" etc.

Others like snails.  They compact and clean up waste and food, clean algae (ramshorns) on glass and plants, and their "slime" is eaten as food by young shrimp.

Some see them as a sign of a healthy environment.

It really just depends what camp you fall into. :)

Thanks Wicca. :)

buddha, I sell off previous generations to continue working with the current ones.  If I don't sell them, I don't have money for equipment and shrimp food, etc.  My whole world comes crashing down because it is too expensive to maintain.  It's a delicate balance.

The bv selling now are not Sonics, however I have to move those to get to the sonic generation being sold. ;)

The Sonics are doing great!  I have some now that are almost as dark as my Sapphires!  Crazy, huh?!?