Proper sized water pump?

I'm looking for a pump that can fill up fish tanks at a pretty good rate of speed that can lift to 7 feet.

Bilge pump?  Water fountain pump?

The cheaper the better.

How many gph?

I'm looking to replace 50% of a tenner (5g) in around 10 seconds or so.  This is for fish- not shrimp, so it should be okay.

Help?

If you realy wand to replace 5 gallons in about 10 seconds your looking at about 25 to 30 gpm pump. This puts you in the half to 3/4 horse power range. These pumps will run 100.00 on the junk end to 250 to 300 on the quality end.

May I ask why you want to do such fast changes.

Great thread sooting I was also looking at something more industrial and quick. I was thinking about using something like this and have it stationary, then just run a line with a sponge attachment on the end to drain the tanks. I was looking for a big one due to I have a few 100g tanks now. The water changes with just my powerhead take forever, I am eventually going to hard plumb everything but want something quick so I dont have to drill them all.

http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-utility-pump-65836.html

I am also thinking about setting up a system to a sprinkler and hook the line up out the window and use it to water the lawn and etc for my waste water from RO. I often water my grass in the summer so I could run a hose connection down there to this pump and use it to water the lawn.

I use this one http://www.amazon.com/Danner-02527-Pondmaster-700-Pump/dp/B000BJK3QQ/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3GANCAIO7PF88&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1410476400&sr=1-1 I currently have 20 tanks 12 of which are 10 gallon tanks and it takes me about 10 minutes to drain each one to 50% every week including three 33gallon longs, one 50 gallon, and two 20 gallon tanks.

I work at harbor freight and can get you a discount :)

Really? I just noticed this!! I need a few things lol. Been thinking of going in there the past few days! That is where I know you from lol. I always thought you looked familiar.

I forgot to mention the one I use also comes with a prefilter, so it is ready to use out of the box :)

Thanks folks! I like the prefilter that comes with the Danner, however I like that I can adjust the Synca even more. Looks like I'm going to have to start saving pennies.

I may have to look at those to. My tank is only 39g but would love to be able to adjust the flow. Its hard to find the smaller pumps for a good deal. Even the danner one is the same as a larger danner lol