Membership Options Poll

OblongShrimp

Membership Packages  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many paid membership tiers should we have?

2. 2. Should membership include physical goods (would probably raise the price)

First time using the poll function so lets see how this goes.

you can discuss wherever, may be easier to keep it on the other thread though. 

So I changed the first question to be the number of PAID membership levels we should have.  I know at least one person was confused by this so I wanted to make it more clear.  If enough people voted incorrectly I can start the poll (not sure if people can change their votes)

If you want to change your vote you should be able to delete your vote and resubmit it (I was able to but it could be since I have admin powers)

• 2 weeks later...

I have contacted the support to find out how to implement IP Nexus which will allow people to purchase memberships and automate the process.  We should have it with the current package but I am just not sure how to activate it.

I have contacted the support to find out how to implement IP Nexus which will allow people to purchase memberships and automate the process.  We should have it with the current package but I am just not sure how to activate it.

Good deal, thanks Will.

Can the members that are here now be grandfathered in?

Or we get large discount for those already on the forum.

Oh, okay, got ya!

so it looks like people want 3 different tiers.  What were you guys thinking in terms of amount?  $5, $10, $15?  $10, $20, $30?  Every 6 months or once a year?

currently it is costing $30/month for the hosting and licenses.  As our membership increases and our average active users increase that price will go up.

I would say Annual- $10, $20, $30 as well. If this doesn't cover operating costs of the hosting and licenses it should greatly reduce the burden on you to pay for upkeep solely.

ya if we did 2/yr it would be at the lower amount.  Annual it is.  Do we have any special names or colors or anything like that people want for the different groups?