30 Gallon Breeder

Triton

Lol. What would a relatively cheap Tds meter be? I know we have some fairly high amounts in this area, but I also know a guy that is slowly breeding CRS (where I got my 6 from) that is doing it with tap water.

Would ro water increase survival and breeding?

Look on amazon. there are some nice cheap TDS meters. I have a few of the purple ones I've been using for years.

most shrimper use RO and we remineralize it ourselves. we do this so we are more in control of the water.

with tap water you never know what you'll get each and every time you turn on the faucet.

Quick question, I'm going to Vegas for 3 days, I have 6 crystal reds in a small hang on breeder box, box is half full with java moss. Will the shrimp be ok till I'm back? Or should I hope my fiancé will be ok trying to feed them

Headed to Vegas today! Woot! Leaving my fish and shrimp in the care of my fiancé makes me nervous, but it's better than nothing

I think I am going to start stalking all your threads and saving up for a CRS set up. From what I've seen il require the following:

Ro unit and storage container

Tds meter

Gh/Kh test kit

H4n prefilter guard

Water additives

Shrimp - probably will want to start with grade A or something around there... Maybe add some higher grades as I get more comfortable with them

Headed to Vegas today! Woot! Leaving my fish and shrimp in the care of my fiancé makes me nervous, but it's better than nothing

I think I am going to start stalking all your threads and saving up for a CRS set up. From what I've seen il require the following:

Ro unit and storage container

Tds meter

Gh/Kh test kit

H4n prefilter guard

Water additives

Shrimp - probably will want to start with grade A or something around there... Maybe add some higher grades as I get more comfortable with them

Have fun man!!

I think you got it!

What's your water pH though? You might need active substrate no?

ADS aquasoil FTW, $40 a bag

100% RO is the way to go.

Make sure your fiance tops off water too. More important than feeding. I just came back from 4 days in NY, fed before I left, had a neighbor do top-offs every other day. All was well upon my return.

Sent while on the go...

ADA Aquasoil is what I use in my crystal and tiger tanks.