56 pound Lobster bought for $95,000

rocklobster.jpeg

Lobster2.jpeg

"Weighing an astonishing 56 pounds, which is more than three times the species’ average weight, the multicolored lobster triggered an intense bidding war and ultimately fetched $95,000."

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/massive-multicolored-lobster-fetches-95000/

Hmmm. The asian in me wants to eat him LOL. It's very astonishing that he grew very big but three times more than the AVERAGE weight? If im not mistaken, lobsters are virtually immortal and only dies due to external disturbances. It maybe much better if they specifically say that three times more than the species average weight that is available in the market. Who knows, im not expert or anything but what if there's more of this guy in the wild? :D

Nom nom nom nom

Hahahaha

Don't Blame Tigori that lobster looks really delicious right now...

wow!!! it has some intense colors!

Also...it might look yummy and all but i can bet you it taste like crap hahaha.... if I remember correctly the older/bigger lobster never taste good since there really crewing and such.

Well, George the lobster caught off the coast of Canada, weighed in at 20lb - leading experts to judge it has lived for 140 years.

So me, using uneducated guessing, at the ratio of 1 lb per 7 years would estimate this lobster to be 392 years old.  :startle:

Well, George the lobster caught off the coast of Canada, weighed in at 20lb - leading experts to judge it has lived for 140 years.

So me, using uneducated guessing, at the ratio of 1 lb per 7 years would estimate this lobster to be 392 years old.  :startle:

Touche! That lobster has some AMAZING genetics.

wow!!! it has some intense colors!

Also...it might look yummy and all but i can bet you it taste like crap hahaha.... if I remember correctly the older/bigger lobster never taste good since there really crewing and such.

That was the only thing i was wondering about. I hope that its not always the case though hihihi

Yeah from my southern ca lobster dives with professional fisherman they say the best liberators are the ones just hitting adult hood or a few years past. As they say the oldest bigger ones are tough and not as buttery

Looks like the rock/spiny lobster we spear in the Bahamas. The younger the better, over 6 inch tails of course.