The Journals of ThegardenofEder

TheGardenofEder

I'm 23 I have two kids and run my own landscapeing buisnes, I got a lot I want to do before I lose all this energy, just trying to get as much done as I possibly can while I'm still young.

No I have to go to work won't get home till late. Also I have to give a lot of credit to my fiance she does a lot to help with just about all of my products there's no way I'd get most of this done that fast with out her.

Finished the mud on the main wall. Also the wall to the left of it I was going to leave it be, but this dry wall really isn't as difficult as I thought so I'm going to cut it out and hide the cords and bring dry wall all the way down to the ground. Also I'm going to make a wall for the step.

post-1309-0-34009700-1427496382_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-65050200-1427496446_thumb.jp

Finished the mud on the main wall. Also the wall to the left of it I was going to leave it be, but this dry wall really isn't as difficult as I thought so I'm going to cut it out and hide the cords and bring dry wall all the way down to the ground. Also I'm going to make a wall for the step.

Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but what about hiding the cords with baseboard trim?

There's like a foot of space missing where there use to be a razed floor with drawers under it and the cords were covered. I removed most of the floor and the drawers so now that part of the wall is exposed. I'm just going to cut out 10 inches of dry wall tuck the cords in and dry wall all the way down to the floor. It might be hard to tell by the pictures

Got a lot of really nice shoots this morning.

First two are green hulk.

Third picture is an oebt and a really nice blue bolt.

Then a pic of a really nice baby cbs.

My tbs and crystal shrimp love carrot.

Last picture is of my two wine pandas.

post-1309-0-90913100-1427546874_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-21525800-1427546901_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-37805500-1427546932_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-93728500-1427546998_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-61144700-1427547027_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-97053000-1427547058_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-46144600-1427547101_thumb.jp

Edited by TheGardenofEder

If you like cool looking food to feed your shriml check this out, it's hans red beet and it's red leaked out all over the almond leaf. It kinda scared me at first but here's a pic of my colony today, berried female even turning for the camera.

post-1309-0-07498900-1427547394_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-52771200-1427547447_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-70323400-1427547481_thumb.jp

Sooooo I'm kinda stumped. I have no clue how this has happened. As you can see mama is very berried. But I've never put her in the breeder tank she has been on her side of the ten gallon with a separator in the middle with holes drilled. I'm going to have to find out if the other cray in there is a male I thought it was a female. Both of these crays were to young for me to breed so this is very unexpected. Maybe my cray climbed out her tank into my males tank and then came back. Can crays get berried with out the eggs being fertile?

post-1309-0-87559800-1427830641_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-20736500-1427830684_thumb.jp

Still new at crays, so I'm still learning basics.

However I found this on line and it may help:

Parthenogenesis?    6/11/13
Hi. I bought an electric blue crayfish from an aquatic pet store in town about a year ago. It was only about an inch and a half long when I got it, and has had no contact with other crayfish since. A few days ago my girlfriend notice what looked like a shrimp in our tank. After taking a long, close look, I noticed that there were baby crayfish crawling about. I looked online, and read about a marbled crayfish that can reproduce by means of parthenogenesis. I read some more, but couldn't find any record of an electric blue crayfish doing this. Is it possible mine has reproduced through such a means?
<It does sound likely. The Marbled Crayfish (or Marmorkrebs) is the most notoriously parthenogenetic crayfish and a species of Procambarus, while parthenogenesis has recently been reported among the commonly farmed and eaten Red Crayfish, Procambarus clarkii. Your pet is the Electric Blue Crayfish, Procambarus alleni, closely related to these
two known parthenogenetic species, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're seeing parthenogenesis in action.
Cheers, Neale.>

Sooooo I'm kinda stumped. I have no clue how this has happened. As you can see mama is very berried. But I've never put her in the breeder tank she has been on her side of the ten gallon with a separator in the middle with holes drilled. I'm going to have to find out if the other cray in there is a male I thought it was a female. Both of these crays were to young for me to breed so this is very unexpected. Maybe my cray climbed out her tank into my males tank and then came back. Can crays get berried with out the eggs being fertile?

Im am not very knowledgeable about crayfish but I will say I have experienced a tank of only female crayfish in which one become berried. The eggs were a very different color from the fertilized eggs that she had before when males were in the tank. The eggs slowly disappeared and no baby crays ever came of it. I assumed they were just unfertilized eggs as males were no longer present in that tank. Again this is just my experience.