The Journals of ThegardenofEder

TheGardenofEder

I collected over 50 trumpet snails from a local mine that filled up with water. I also found a shrimp with what appears to be eggs on the face. As I was going through flipping more rocks to find more shriml I found two crabs. The lake is freshwater and the crabs seemed to live submerged but just in case I have some limestone sticking out of the water.

post-1309-0-85210800-1430306801_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-48867300-1430306843_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-12390200-1430306905_thumb.jp

This is my 7.5g crs tank. I just got this whole set up from a friend. The substrate is no longer buffering so I'm going to tear it down and put new soil in there. With these shrimp I'm going to try and make my own crs line. There is over 200 crs and he started with just 10 and none of them are cbs or snows. So I will breed these out several generations.

post-1309-0-50384500-1432381232_thumb.jp

Edited by TheGardenofEder

So after a long struggle with trying to get a perfect environment for my tb/cbs tank and dosing fenbenz, I finally have babies again. None of my other females have berried which is wierd they have all already had babies before. I guess I just need to be patient a little more with this group of shrimp.

post-1309-0-04042200-1432639157_thumb.jp

These are pictures from my grow bed in my pond. I've been trying to grow some aquatic plants submerged. The first picture is of a small clump my dwarf hair grass. The next picture is of my micro sword. The next is dwarf baby tears.

post-1309-0-47814300-1433265488_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-72609300-1433265620_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-72643000-1433265652_thumb.jp

This is my 7.5g crs tank. I just got this whole set up from a friend. The substrate is no longer buffering so I'm going to tear it down and put new ada in there. With these shrimp I'm going to try and make my own prl line. There is over 200 crs and he started with just 10 and none of them are cbs or snows. So I will breed these out several generations and then some more till one day I feel comfortable with sending them to a lab to get tested.

What sort of testing would you send them in to a lab for?

I thought there might be a lab which takes apart the DNA and look for golden and cbs strain but I was wrong. The only thing I can do is bred out over and over again till I'm confident there's no mistake in what I have.

Yes I really believe that I will never get goldens or cbs from these guys. I have over 200 and three berried females all of them are crs. the white isn't that great but some of the reds are close to some wine tbs. I'm going to start selective breeding high grade crs and if down the road I get a cbs at least I'll have my own line of high grade crs I'm working on.