20L Taiwan Bee Tank

ctaylor3737

Yea I use UGF filters. They work really well in the TB tanks. Some say not to use them but I've always used them in tanks.

Cool. I'm still debating if I should try my hand at using UGF on my 20L rescape haha. Anyways that's for another topic but you mentioned that some of your blue bolts turned white? I talked to Wilson (hyoushoku) about my blue bolts coloration and he recommended i get my GH to 6 and to dose Flourish Trace in my tanks. I don't know your water parameters so would you mind sharing?

Cool. I'm still debating if I should try my hand at using UGF on my 20L rescape haha. Anyways that's for another topic but you mentioned that some of your blue bolts turned white? I talked to Wilson (hyoushoku) about my blue bolts coloration and he recommended i get my GH to 6 and to dose Flourish Trace in my tanks. I don't know your water parameters so would you mind sharing?

I'll check all of them in the morning. Haven't tested them in a few days. Its only one that turned white. Still a little blue.

Thanks they are all looking good. They are all doing well and have 4-5 berries right now. All mischlings at the moment.

Finally have a breakthrough with these guys! My mischling gave birth and I have several Taiwan Bee and crs babies. A couple black king Kong's from what I can tell. They are so small and quick I barely seen them. Have 2 more berried right now!

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a few successes in the tank that I forgot to share since I have moved my room down to the basement. When I went to clean the tank out I pulled all the plants and shook them out good. After I cleared the tank out of all my shrimp, I was suprised at the amount of shrimp that I really had in the tank. I found 8 shrimplets in the tank. I found one blue bolt and one black king kong in the bunch, these were so small as in just a few days old. I almost overlooked them. I had about 10 babies that were a month old that were easy to find and pick out. What I did when I drained it was left a little above the substrate with water just in case.

I also left out alot of plants just so it is easier to see what I have going on in the tank. My pinto tank is almost done cycling so I will be moving some of the shrimp into that tank here soon.

• 1 month later...

130742f551eee499fc9896d2552d1891.jpg

32ea76c8adf586b9a702066b1fb1144b.jpg

ecded1a40faef7d332e5476fd056e539.jpg

a14daeef729ca19865b7012f05b6ed82.jpg

396a908828aa81b949dfb432408b85b7.jpg

Well great update thats long over due. I have more babies than i can count. So far i am counting 7 New Taiwan Bees, BKK, Panda, Blue bolts and one WR. Some look like blue bolts but are still to small to confirm. I have 6 more berried that should have them any day now. I havent had much activity as far a shrimplets go for awhile. Figured they were just a bit small to breed. Guess time pays off, once they get a little bigger ill be removing all the tigers and getting my pinto project off the ground. Thier tanks been cycling for about 3 months so lots of biofilm.

Fantastic, congratulations Chris. MIschlings are paying off for you.

Yea definantly, I am happy with them. They seem breeding alot.

Congratulations Chris, amazing journal, knock on the wood  :thumbsu: 

May I kindly ask how  was the summer? I mean TB need low degrees and this is challanging especially in the summer days. Do you use air conditioner? Ay what temp are you keeping those guys? Regards pal.

Congratulations Chris, amazing journal, knock on the wood :thumbsu:

May I kindly ask how was the summer? I mean TB need low degrees and this is challanging especially in the summer days. Do you use air conditioner? Ay what temp are you keeping those guys? Regards pal.

My fish room is in the basement so I have no trouble with the temp. They are kept at room temp no heater. Dont use any heaters in my fish room besides Sulawesi and fish tanks. Keeps the cost down, the room will be heated this winter and will probably be around 68F.

My fish room is in the basement so I have no trouble with the temp. They are kept at room temp no heater. Dont use any heaters in my fish room besides Sulawesi and fish tanks. Keeps the cost down, the room will be heated this winter and will probably be around 68F.

I also kept them at higher temps as they used to be upstairs and I didnt have breeding until i moved them down here. I suspect that the temp played a large role in breeding as they were in the 70s being on the second floor, had ac but its still a challenge in the summer. Kept them by a vent so it stayed cooler. Some keep a heater for stability but i tend to have bad luck with them and keeping a stable temp, or shorting out so I removed them from the equstion. So far so good been a few months no deaths and surviving babies!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had pretty good luck with my mischling tank. I have hundreds of babies and almost all my adult females are always berried. I have roughly 15 new Taiwan bee shrimp from the breeding. I recently found another shadow mosura that is really small but looks good. I have a few wine reds that just berried up for the first time.

It will be nice when they have to so I can see what % of Taiwan bees they will have.

-Chris