I know this is test strip based, however for people with color vision problems, this may help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jbl-Proscan-Test-Water-Analysis-With-Evaluation-Via-App-Water-Test-Set-/400847217292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d545b228c

Basically it's a strip that measures GH, KH, pH, nitrite, nitrate, chloride and CO₂.  Dip it, then place on their chart, and take a picture of it on your phone using their free app.  No more guessing accurate color.

"The result is ° hardness and the pH value displayed directly in mg / l. The values ​​are evaluated by the app (well - medium - bad) and recommendations indicated for the optimization. The nature of the ambient light is automatically evaluated and considered for color calibration."

$_57.JPG

Looks pretty cool, could be quite the time saver if the accuracy is there.

I wonder how long it will be (or how much interest needs to be generated) until it's available in the US.

Definitely interested to hear more feedback if someone tries this out.

Thanks for passing this along.

So I e-mailed the seller asking what it costs to ship to US.  Not too bad - The total amount including shipping costs for one piece is 19.75 GBP (about 29,70 USD)

I have had it for a few weeks. Tested maybe 8-10 of my tanks. The results seem to be pretty accurate. Ive compared to api and nurafin test kits and the accuracy is pretty precise. Jbl is interested in the euro market exclusively right now. I can get these in bulk at a mildly discounted price. the major issue would be pricing. approx 30- 35$ a kit +shipping , and $28-32 for the refill would be the price. I dont think many would pay that to make it worth while.. But if i can get a little better deal ill probably bring some in.

I wonder what makes these strips so much more reliable  .  The only thing holding me back would be the refill price. that is steep for refill strips

I just ordered this from Ebay.  Total with shipping actually came to $30.40 including shipping and currency conversion.  This is shipping to me here in California. I don't know what costs would be in other states. Came out higher than I thought.

I wonder what makes these strips so much more reliable  .  The only thing holding me back would be the refill price. that is steep for refill strips

I may be wrong. I don't think these strips are more reliable in any way. The only benefit is more accurate readings of your test despite it being correct or not. No more guessing.

I've been watching this since Erik first posted about it in FB. It looks cool and appears to be pretty accurate. Shrimpie as far as I'm concerned your gonna be the guinea pig for this one. lol! Please keep us informed. I'm ready to hit the "Buy It Now" button so I can participate in high techie shrimpin'![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you Mayphly.  Ive almost hit buy it now quite a few times and have a contact in to the seller asking about how much the refills are . I didnt see refills on the page

I have a lot of tanks and test things quite often. So, cost wise I don't know if It would benefit me. It looks like each strip has a one time use. But then again I am a sucker for gadgets :geek: