Molting freaks me out.

When the shrimp shed their shell, it really freaks me out, every time I see one, I think, oh, no, I

have a dead shrimp, until I check further and find out it is just the molted shell.

It seems like they are all shedding their shells in the same place, on the Indian Almond Leaf, then

eating it. But that is place where I see 90% of the molted shells, is on the leaf.

That's wierd, so they molt on the ial every time? Kind of like cats going potty in the litter box every time. I know they eat the molt to leave no evidence behind for predation right?

But that's an odd behavior to exhibit molting in the same spot

I, watched my shrimp molt today for the first time. It was the freakiest thing I seen. It like was rolled up and ranked the skin off. Was so weird thought it was dead.

-Chris

I haven't seen one molt either.  I think they eat the shells for the nutritional value vs predation.  They don't always eat their own molts and other shrimp will happily help them eat it if it sits very long.

Molting is pretty weird/sickening/awesome to watch. LOL  First they bend in half and split between the head and back (often where you see a clear line that people talk about), work their back half of the body out so they are wearing the hood still and then "pop" out so fast it's hard to see where they went.

Seen it a couple times.  You can tell the difference between grooming and getting ready to molt, because while trying to molt their legs will be straight down, not combing their tail.

I'm always impressed by the delicacy of the molts! Like little shrimp ice sculptures, from antenna to tail!

Is there such a thing as too much molting? I know not molting or failed molts are bad, but do they ever molt excessively and exhaust themselves?