What bags now?

DETAquarium

Hey ShrimpSpot!

So as most of us are aware the 5x8 Kordon Breather Bag is no more. As I am running lower and lower on Kordon breather bags, I figured I would give the larger 7x14 a shot, I received them yesterday and was not to pleased with their new design I received. Definitely a good bit different than their original, now has a stretchy band across the bottom, powder residue inside the bag, and no longer has the standard look. 

So, this discussion isn't to tell you the changes in the new Kordon breather bag design, it is to ask you what are you using now in place of our 5x8 Kordon Breather Bag?

I know quite a few of you that ship ALOT more than I, so I would love to hear your feedback on what you have changed to.

Thank you

I'm using the kordon 7 x 14, and taping the bottom corners dog eared.  The top of the bag is long enough to do a double knot.

Longlife is the only other option in bags right now.

Bryce are you using the newer designed 7x14? If so, are you washing the insides of them out or leaving the white residue?

I haven't had problems with residue.  I guess I don't have any white powder on mine.

But, my question is are you using the newer designed Kordon Bags.

Does it have the new design on the bag? Stretchy string on the bottom?

New ones are much different. Just says Kordon on the bag now, and on the bottom there is an elastic string. This is the only picture I have from AQPKG:

post-127-0-13597400-1430420477_thumb.jpg

I have VERY VERY little experience with bags. I have used the long life brand. Once for in state shipping and 3 times for local delivery and they seemed to hold up very well and I was able to get a very tight, secure knot in the bag. 

Don't really like the new Kordon bag since it is not as elastic as before. Just does not feel as water tight when I tie the knot on the bags and the bag is a bit too big. I'm  switching over to longlife and see if those will do the job.

Blue Crown,  The bag you used to ship my ghost shrimp, was it old or new?     The shrimp were fine but the newspaper around the bag was pretty wet. (packing stuff was dry)   so you may be right about the water tightness of the new bags. 

are you washing the insides of them out or leaving the white residue?

I received the new bags with white residue in the post today. It crossed my mind that someone has sent me anthrax!

Anyway... I noticed that the powder is only on the outside of the bags. The inside is clean.

Honestly, mine had white residue on the inside of each bag. I thought it was peculiar another hobbyist asked me the same question, if I clean the inside of them out. At the time I was using their old design so I had no clue what he was referring, until I received the new bag design.