My Sulawesi's Arrived!!!

I got them last night and had only about 10 DOA's (of 300).  By the time I got them home they were pretty cold I think so some of them were on their sides and not moving until I tried to grab them thinking they were dead and then they twitched around.  I went ahead and threw those in the tank as well figuring worst case they finish dying.  Most of them seemed to have made it through the night though.  This morning when I checked I had maybe 5 more losses but everyone else was happily picking around.  After a few minutes in the light a lot of them had retreated into the moss (especially the Gold Cheeks).  I have Cardinal, Brown Camo, and Gold Cheeks and will try and get some pictures of tonight or tomorrow.

I will keep them for 4 weeks and then they will be available for sale.  I also got some Yellow Rili (which look like regular yellows right now but they were stressed) and Black Rili (which look to be carbons with a black or dark front and back and a clearish blue middle) which will also be for sale in probably 4 weeks.

The yellows should be interesting when bred.  Scuttlebutt has it they are selected from orange rili that didn't have orange coloration- so I'll be interested in breeding out comes.

Yepper.  Sounds like carbons, but if they have the rili pattern then they are high grade (via American standards.) :)

Keep watch though.  Shrimp with Ammonia poisoning can last for about 2 weeks before kicking the bucket.

Pics sound awesome when you have a chance!

Ya I am worried about ammonia poisoning but I only had a couple of DOA in the Sulawesi shrimp and none in the Neos.  Of the DOA's only 2-3 had decayed at all, the rest looked perfect still.  Additionally each bag of 100 had probably 1/2 gallon of water in and they came directly from Indonesia so they shouldn't have been in those bags for more then 36 hours or so.  I am hoping they weren't exposed to much.

I added some snowflake food and GlasGarten Bacter AE in the tanks after I added them and they seem to be enjoying the snowflake food. 

They don't seem to like the light so I wonder how they will react when I start flashing them ;)

They probably get used to the light the more here in the tank. I had he same problem with my apistogramas when I got them. They hated the light and it took them a while to get used to it. But there always ot an about now haha

pictures!!!!

I failed....didn't get home till 8 last night and did not get any pictures.

Getting pictures would be much easier if I didn't have to bust out the SLR and flash and get all the lights set up and everything

Awesome, I wish you much success with them, and hope they will be fruitful, flourish, multiply, and be healthy.

OK I just took them with my phone :)post-1-140012599851_thumb.jpgpost-1-140012605089_thumb.jpgpost-1-140012606175_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just some subawertang and debris. I think they are there because the light is on and there isn't any other hiding spots in the tank. When the light is off they are all over the tank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Prices will depend on how the next couple of weeks go for losses but I am thinking ~$8-10/ea for the Cardinals and probably ~$12-15/ea for the other two species.  Cardinals seem to be going for around $11-14/each on aquabid (for tank bred) and I haven't seen anyone selling the other two species anywhere (wc or tank bred) so I have no idea what a market price would be on them.  I may put a few auctions on aquabid and see how they do to get an idea of what people are willing to pay. 

Thoughts?