USPS - A Lov....not so much story

dr0p

We all have our love stories about USPS. Here is my latest...

Purchased some LOVELY Dream Blue neo's that were shipped out priority on Monday. Waited impatiently for tracking to update for several days - which didn't, at all, CUTE. This morning I find it magically was "delivered" before our mail person even started her route today, which brought up a bit of panic. Insert more panic waiting here, and finally mail lady showed up with my parcel...

post-1971-0-93483300-1443118362_thumb.jp

post-1971-0-94762000-1443118389_thumb.jp

post-1971-0-22875000-1443118433_thumb.jp

My favorite bit is the wonderful sticker they oh so carefully attached to the top "Received in Damaged Condition". 

Talk about dread opening the box. Miraculously, everyone survived! I now have 30 new blue dreams dripping and awaiting their new home. Let this be a lesson, the right packaging makes a huge difference! Seller now has me as a beyond pleased and seriously relieved customer with no doubt I will return again.

I can breathe again. Off to enjoy the newest monsters!  

It really makes you appreciate the small things people do to prevent tragic happenings.

Actually no Styrofoam sheeting was used - breather bag, inside a damp paper towel, box filled with packing peanuts, and very well taped. Took quite a shot, as even the box was punctured in the crushed corner. Everyone survived and are happily swimming and exploring. I had the best possible outcome, extremely fortunate!

I'm loving the colors in them already, can't wait to see them in a few days once they settle and regain more.

I'm both sorry for the box and happy everyone made it. While we have our struggles here in rural MT (all packages take 1 additional day ALWAYS), and we don't even have the option of home delivery here, our postmistress is fantastic. She'll even call me if she suspects livestock has come in and today reopened after hours to give me a package that wouldn't fit in a locker.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorta Necro but would like to chip in what has been happening recently with USPS.

"My favorite bit is the wonderful sticker they oh so carefully attached to the top "Received in Damaged Condition". 

Talk about dread opening the box. Miraculously, everyone survived! I now have 30 new blue dreams dripping and awaiting their new home. Let this be a lesson, the right packaging makes a huge difference! "

I have come to the conclusion that USPS is AVOIDING insurance claims by claiming they were "received in damaged condition". I've had a few customers claim their package was broken and has a "Received in Damage Condition" sticker on it. NO seller would knowingly ship in damaged condition. Let's be real...

As far as the packaging, we are using USPS boxes so "Let this be a lesson, the right packaging makes a huge difference! ", are you saying USPS is passing around the world with wrong packaging supplies? OFC NOT!

All packages are handled by machines almost the whole way from shipment to delivery. The only time PEOPLE actually touch the package is delivery and receiving shipment. Everything else is handled by machines. USPS is the one to blame for most issues when shipping but sellers usually get blamed due to lack of knowledge from buyer side.

I have come to the conclusion that USPS is AVOIDING insurance claims by claiming they were "received in damaged condition". I've had a few customers claim their package was broken and has a "Received in Damage Condition" sticker on it. NO seller would knowingly ship in damaged condition. Let's be real...

As far as the packaging, we are using USPS boxes so "Let this be a lesson, the right packaging makes a huge difference! ", are you saying USPS is passing around the world with wrong packaging supplies? OFC NOT!

All packages are handled by machines almost the whole way from shipment to delivery. The only time PEOPLE actually touch the package is delivery and receiving shipment. Everything else is handled by machines. USPS is the one to blame for most issues when shipping but sellers usually get blamed due to lack of knowledge from buyer side.

I have to wonder what the solution is.  Should people be asking to be allowed to take a photo of their package after the shipping label goes on but before USPS takes it into the back room?  I'm not shipping anything myself, but I'm curious what you think people should do to be able to make claims?

I have to wonder what the solution is.  Should people be asking to be allowed to take a photo of their package after the shipping label goes on but before USPS takes it into the back room?  I'm not shipping anything myself, but I'm curious what you think people should do to be able to make claims?

Sadly there's not much sellers can do other than use a 3rd party insurance company. USPS makes it VERY difficult to file damage claims because they always find an excuse to blame you for the damage. Even trying to get the USPS money back guarantee is hard if your PO has no experience. 

happened to me before. When shipping my fish from oversea through transhipper.

my fish stuck at post office for A WEEK (due to what they said *machine* error). I use UPs Overnight shipping which include gurantee shipping the next day (coz fish itself cost around 200$). sadly, they don't even refund back the money shipping. their reason, "SORRY, IT IS NOT WHAT THEY CAN CONTROL"  seriously, I was so piss for that. It is their job to make their machines running. I can understand if there is a storm or weather but machine broke down? I won't buy it. That is the last time I use overnight shipping. yes, fish survive. but his fins are damaged.  

I just use priority shipping and hope for the best. I know sometimes it won't cover DOA. but hey seller don't cover if express or overnight shipping is late for some reason. IT might NOT true for all sellers. But, it is all about my experience.

so as long as the item arrive in 2-5 days, they SURVIVE. always request to ship them during mondays. that's all. they won't die. (unless seller send dead one) 

I have problem with every shipping companies, doesn't matter USPS, UPS, Fedex, DHL etc. I think I have problem average of one in 20 of my shippements. so there is 5% chance. not bad. :P

The only time I won't have problem with shipping is amazon prime. -__- 

One time for some reason, the item arrive one day late (not fish or shrimp ofc), and I called amazon customer service,they refund me money; they gave me the item for free. (since prime has free shipping) they don't even ask or give me reason. they just give me free item. 

Ps: some  people might not agree with me or have a different opinion like "omg USPS is the best, I have shipped like 200 of shipment over summer and none have problem" so ya,  it is just my PERSONAL experience.