Free food

Pokeshrimp

I'm trying to get of list of foods shrimp can eat that we have sitting in the fridge for us to eat and stuff that's found outside like leaves ,cones and flowers maybe?

Tomato

Cucumbers

edamame

squash

zucchini

spinach

kale

Mulberry leaves

oak leaves

maple leaves

alder cones

dandelion

pumpkin

sweet potato

carrots

arugula

lemon balm

watermelon

Coffee grounds

banana leaves

I know there's more but i haven't tried them yet. If you tried something and the shrimps love it post it and I'll add it to the list.

Woah I have tons of banana trees at my house, I chop em down in the winter and they all grow new babies around the stump, and they regroup ehere I cut them down.

Lucky you! We have a tiny house made smaller still by the potted banana, fruit trees, and now 2 baby mulberry trees... all in pots.

Wish I could have outdoor bananas but we're in a zone 3b :( Only one oak tree in my area and it dropped its leaves a few weeks before I knew we could give them to shrimp! Coffee grounds shouldn't contain much if any caffeine so long as its been brewed as caffeine is water soluble.

Had no idea you could give them cinnamon sticks, always just composted them after simmering, especially useful during the holiday season!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Wish I could have outdoor bananas but we're in a zone 3b :( Only one oak tree in my area and it dropped its leaves a few weeks before I knew we could give them to shrimp! Coffee grounds shouldn't contain much if any caffeine so long as its been brewed as caffeine is water soluble.

Had no idea you could give them cinnamon sticks, always just composted them after simmering, especially useful during the holiday season!

Pretty sure you could do bananas. You would have to store them dormant over winter - usually done in garage or basement. Not all varieties can be stored this way. Then, (assuming spring ever comes) plant outside.

Bananas also make *great* houseplants. Many of dwarf types to pick from.

I really like the ones that have red splotched leaves with red undersides, so pretty!

Coffee grounds sounds messy in a tank.

Pretty sure you could do bananas. You would have to store them dormant over winter - usually done in garage or basement. Not all varieties can be stored this way. Then, (assuming spring ever comes) plant outside.

Bananas also make *great* houseplants. Many of dwarf types to pick from.

I really like the ones that have red splotched leaves with red undersides, so pretty!

Coffee grounds sounds messy in a tank.

Have some of those red ones, forget what they are called but they don't flower. I put one of them outside a few years ago but its so dry and windy the leaves just shriveled up and tore into pieces! I want to find a dwarf flowering one but cant seem to get my hands on one here.

When you mean banana trees, do you mean the ones that grow bananas or just the regular tree that doesn't grow the bananas

I don't know what others are referring to, but mine are dwarf banana trees that grow bananas given enough light.

When you mean banana trees, do you mean the ones that grow bananas or just the regular tree that doesn't grow the bananas

Mine are dwarves that do not grow fruit. Anyone know the import laws of banana plants from US to Canada? Maybe I could buy a crown off you Wygglz [emoji6]

Mine are Super Dwarf Cavendish I believe. I was just checking the place I just bought my mulberries from since they have bananas too but they only ship to the US. By the way, just got mulbeery plants from Florida Hill Nursery online. Bought 1, got 2 and they are beautiful little 8" plants for those interested.

Btw, Florida Hill has a reputation for selling mislabeled banana varieties.

I can check with my online group to see who is recommended as a Canada seller for naners.

I looked in my tank tonight and right in the front middle was a pile of shrimp really attacking something. I figured it must be a shrimp. Nope, it was a leaf (mulberry , I think). Kinda cute, it was sitting on top of a single moss frond, kind of like a plate.

Btw, Florida Hill has a reputation for selling mislabeled banana varieties.

I can check with my online group to see who is recommended as a Canada seller for naners.

I looked in my tank tonight and right in the front middle was a pile of shrimp really attacking something. I figured it must be a shrimp. Nope, it was a leaf (mulberry , I think). Kinda cute, it was sitting on top of a single moss frond, kind of like a plate.

Very good to know about FL Hill! This is my first order from them and I was pleased, but never ordered banana.