Purple Vampire crab tank

Shrimpo

Finally I got a chance to set-up a tank for these guys, although they are terrestrial crabs they do need some water for molting, the female also dump the offspring tiny crabs in there.

I would like your input on safe plants that can be housed with these crabs, so far I added unknown terrarium plant in the background,  Subwassertang, Java fern and Marimo moss ball.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bad news, the crabs came in bad shape and died after few days ( 1 was DOA). I would recommend express shipping on these guys.

Pet store I go to had them but not the purple type . They had a red type and the woman who owns the pet store who knows fish, inverts inside out said they ship very poorly from country they are collected in .

She holds them for a month before selling them and only got them because 2 people wanted them.

Think half died first 2 weeks .

yeah.  I've been reading you definitely want home bred because of the rate of deaths from imported.

Not being an expert on either shrimp or crabs thus could be wrong . I get the feeling that crabs are way more delicate than shrimp as far as wild caught and seems that plenty of crabs sold are wild caught .