Personal Picture Site

Duff0712

Hey Shrimpspot!

I have been trying to set up a website for my photography over the past month or so. I mainly deal with macro and animal photography (I even have a section for only shrimp haha). I try to only add the photos I feel are the best of my collection. I add more as I take them of course, but updates will be unscheduled as I don't know when I will get a chance to go out and photograph.

http://jamestduffy.smugmug.com

I thought I would share with you guys, hoping to get any sort of feedback/advice/criticism! I try to get as many different eyes as possible. Not everybody likes the same thing or thinks the same way.

Thanks!

edit: My welcome blog should be a lot longer than it is. Talking about me and how I got into photography etc. I don't know why it messed up, but I will change it soon.

Great work! I actually just picked up my first DSLR and will be purchasing a macro lens in the short term. Mind sharing what type of camera and lenses/accessories?

Thank you

Great work! I actually just picked up my first DSLR and will be purchasing a macro lens in the short term. Mind sharing what type of camera and lenses/accessories?

Thank you

Thanks :) and awesome! What DSLR did you get? I have a Nikon D7000 and use a Tamron 100mm. It's a great lens! I have loved it since getting it. Also, if you haven't gotten one yet, I would highly recommend an external flash as well. Takes a little bit to get down how to use it at its best, but man does it make a difference.

as always, your photos are simply fantastic. Looking forward to future additions!

In the Shrimpery gallery, #25/76 is a blue shrimp, with dark bands. Is this blue dream?

Thank you. I believe it is either a Blue Dream or Blue Rili. I believe it was marketed as a blue dream, but most of the community said it was a rili. I am not 100% sure though.

Stunning pictures. Great work and thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

I purchased a Canon Rebel SL1, came with the standard 18-55mm. I plan on purchasing a Canon 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro lens. I was looking at the external flashes as I have heard from many great photographers of shrimp that lighting is so very important.

I purchased a Canon Rebel SL1, came with the standard 18-55mm. I plan on purchasing a Canon 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro lens. I was looking at the external flashes as I have heard from many great photographers of shrimp that lighting is so very important.

Sweet! Sadly I don't know too much about Canon except there is one lens I want from canon really bad haha.

Yeah an external flash is pretty much a must in my opinion. Let's you shoot at a higher shutter speed and higher depth without having to jack up your ISO making your photos grainy.

-Duffy

Awesomeness! What are you using? Lenses?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I use a Nikon D7000 and Tamron 100mm. I also have a Nikon 35mm, but haven't used it as much yet.

I also use an external flash.

-Duffy

I use a Nikon D7000 and Tamron 100mm. I also have a Nikon 35mm, but haven't used it as much yet.

I also use an external flash.

-Duffy

Nice. DSLR definitely gives u that crystal clear image. I like experimenting with old film SLRs myself.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk