Need help some bacterial infection

fernselvis

Hi Guys

I need some help been loosing my black pandas, red panda, shadows and cbs to some bacterial infection. What should I do. Been treating with api melafix at the moment. Some of the dead shrimps were pink and some were black on the belly and pandas had brown spot on the back of their heads.

post-3130-0-42437700-1450524083_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-24608300-1450524123_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-41054700-1450524230_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-98191300-1450524367_thumb.jp

Sorry your losing them there is a rust disease read article on shrimp corner , I too had losses over 4 of my tanks

Shrimp corner? I don't know that I'm familiar with that. Sounds like I'm missing out on a great resourse. Just in case others are too, would you mind posting a link?

What is your parameters like?  mainly temperatures? bacterial infection is a side effect of fluctuations in temperatures but from my experience it takes them out slowly - 1-2 shrimps a day.  If there is mass deaths like what you are having, there probably other factors too that you will need to correct.

as for bacterial inflections themselves - keep temperatures low, and use daily dosage of either paraguard / 6% food safe Hydrogen peroxide for  2weeks - i had better luck with hygrogen peroxide.

I use around 1ml of hygrogen peroxide for every gallon. Make sure you remove any dead bodies immediately before the other shrimps can get to it. For more severe cases you can do large water changes (if you are using regular gravel give it a good cleaning as well) between dosage. Make sure to drip new water in for water changes.

you should also been boosting the immune levels of the shrimps with something like GlasGarten Betaglucan +Immunglobulin, Borneowild Shield, Mosure Tonic Pro daily.  Indian almod leaves don't hurt either 

Sorry your losing them there is a rust disease read article on shrimp corner , I too had losses over 4 of my tanks

I read the article. But not sure where I can get Levamisole HC. Started my uv filter and isolated the shrimps in breeding boxes

What is your parameters like?  mainly temperatures? bacterial infection is a side effect of fluctuations in temperatures but from my experience it takes them out slowly - 1-2 shrimps a day.  If there is mass deaths like what you are having, there probably other factors too that you will need to correct.

as for bacterial inflections themselves - keep temperatures low, and use daily dosage of either paraguard / 6% food safe Hydrogen peroxide for  2weeks - i had better luck with hygrogen peroxide.

I use around 1ml of hygrogen peroxide for every gallon. Make sure you remove any dead bodies immediately before the other shrimps can get to it. For more severe cases you can do large water changes (if you are using regular gravel give it a good cleaning as well) between dosage. Make sure to drip new water in for water changes.

you should also been boosting the immune levels of the shrimps with something like GlasGarten Betaglucan +Immunglobulin, Borneowild Shield, Mosure Tonic Pro daily.  Indian almod leaves don't hurt either

Hi jumpsmasher

Thank you for the Info.

Tank parameters:

Ph: 7.1

Tds: 190

Gh: 2

Kh: 2

No3,No2 and NH4 are 0ppm.

Temp 22-23.5 max 24

I have isolated the shrimps in breeder box. Will search for 6% hydrogen peroxide. I think we get only 3% in the medical store. Can I up the dose x 2. Using Ada soil will do 10% water changes.

New tanks still cycling but not sure if it's a good idea to move them without treating them.

Bit disheartening to loose so many black panda, red panda, crs. :(

post-3130-0-38253500-1450586358_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-72425000-1450586404_thumb.jp

post-3130-0-88194400-1450587062_thumb.jp

First off, pH is way too high 7.1 is not good. I would say around 6.5 or lower. Also your kh is too high it should be 0-1 and Gh is too low it should be 3-5. What soil are you using? And what reminilizer are you using? How often do you do a water change?

Hi jay kidding thank you for your reply.

Using ADA Amazonia, but it's lost it's buffering capacity. I was planning to move them to the new tanks once they were ready, because it's difficult to change the parameters since they have been used to it and have been breeding ( neos, crs and cbs).

Water changes if tds up once or twice a week 10-15%. Usally top up with to Ro water.

Haven't been using any remineraliser, since I used bottled water. Going to start using ss Gh+, neos breeding a lot in the same tank. separating them soon. I also have ss Gh/Kh+ which I used a little.

first off DO not use the standard H2O2 you get at the pharmacy store.  You want the food safe one (usually 35% - found at health or nature food stores)  and dilute it to a 6% mixture using RO or distilled water (1 part H2O2 + 6 part water)

How long had you have them in this tank? Did anything change recently?  What type of lighting are you using?

Looking for 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. My tds used to lot higher 250 I dropped it down over a period of time. But crs have been breeding been breeding in those parameters. I'm not too sure it's just the water because the shrimp had big brown spots on the back of the head some of them are black or changed from black to red and the white turned black some pink and with no limbs. I'm just thinking of holding them in breeding boxes and then breaking down the tank since the soil is no good anymore. I struggle to measure and maintain Gh and Kh. Do You suggest going with conductivity instead of tds. Read that if I maintain to ~250µS using SS GH+. Then it have a GH of 6-7 and which measuring device do you suggest

Soothing he said he is currently using bottled water :) . Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone said bottled water isn't safe for your shrimp as it has some type of mineral in it that makes it bad. What brand are you using?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm kind of lost.

So you were using tap and the shrimp were fine? and now you're adding pure ro water to the tank? You have to reminerilize the water, shrimp need the minerals to molt and stuff.

I'm not sure about the black spots and stuff.

No hydrophonics stores in UAE and yes they did well with tap water. But I lost using to water since my tds was high I didn't remineralise the water but used Mosura products to help molting. Using products like Bacter ae , beta glucan, mineral powders sharikura, shrimp king minerals and Mosura products.