Blue Dream

Docock

I have bought 15 blue dreams and they have been doing great in my 29 gallon heavily planted aquarium for the past three months. However, I was not given one female after asking for them. I cannot get a refund, but if anyone would be willing to send some inexpensive blue dreams I would be so grateful!  

Yea most people ship juvenile shrimp that you can't even sex yet because they acclimate better and the odds pf getting males and females are higher. If he sent you just males that means he took the time to do so instead of just grabbing a random 15. Or he was selling you his culls since most males have poorer coloration compared to females. If you can, can you PM me the name of this seller so i know to avoid him in the future?

Yea most people ship juvenile shrimp that you can't even sex yet because they acclimate better and the odds pf getting males and females are higher. If he sent you just males that means he took the time to do so instead of just grabbing a random 15. Or he was selling you his culls since most males have poorer coloration compared to females. If you can, can you PM me the name of this seller so i know to avoid him in the future?

''If he sent you just males that means he took the time to do so instead of just grabbing a random 15.''

This was very interesting/helpful I would have never thought .

I think it's better to share because it might help more people, or if people wanted to know you don't have to keep repeating what you say in every pm :). Just my thought on it, you don't have to do it.

And thus why a picture would help. :)  Catching shrimp is hard enough, but catching 15 of one gender to sell an avg buyer is almost unheard of. heh  Heck, I would want extra if I went through that trouble. :P

If they are all juvies, gender is extremely hard to pick out.  They have to grow some first.

If they are already grown, the more experienced shrimpers here may be able to see some fems in your photo.

Giving us an idea of size would help too. heh

Please don't get the idea we're giving you a hard time, it's just that shrimping can become expensive, and we may be able to save you some unnecessary $$$.

We all have to help each other- especially in this crazy shrimping world.

If Docock is new to the hobby he might not know what a juvie shrimp is and also didnt state if adults or juvies were sent. Another theory is, he may not know for sure if he has or doesnt have females. They might not be ready or the conditions are not right for them to reproduce. Or it could be what poke said, someone took the time and sent all males and did a good job because I still make mistakes at sexing shrimps and I'm very good at sexing non-sexually dimorphic cichlids .

I agree with dazalea. It was near three months before my TTs started breeding, and I am still waiting for the Taiwan Fire Reds. But are you sure your water is optimal? Are you using tap? I found that when I first started my cherries did fine, but I did not get any berried until I started cutting it with RO to reduce the TDS.