Card Chart Accurate?

I would say relatively. It does give you a general sense of direction when first starting with Caridina and how each came about. But there are a few distinctions that could be misinterpreted or I can think of different avenues to reach the same conclusion. For instance, Red Bolts I made strictly from Wine Red/Ruby Red x Wine Red/Ruby Red. Blue Bolts are the same, I have bred them from Panda/Black King Kong shrimp. The problem is, is that maybe the chart is saying the Red/Blue Bolt genes originated from Golden Bees and at some point the Taiwan Bee shrimp we all own either was crossed with one, or was originated from a golden cross.

Tibees again can be bred from Taiwan Bees x Tigers without the inclusion of CRS/CBS. BUT the chart could simply be inferring that Taiwan Bees came from Crystals so that Crystals x Tibee includes Taiwan Bees.

I could go on for days, but this is my general thought, great chart to give you a conceptual understanding, but it would be much harder to follow if we got into the nitty gritty of shrimp keeping and breeding.

Im going to be honest and come off as being dumb but that chart gets me confused sometimes and there's so many varibles out there I dont even bother learning it. Bee shrimps are very complicated with so many crosses and people not keeping track of whats being crossed or better yet keeping it a secrect, makes me cross-eyed.

Unfortunately it is all driven by demand. If people didn't want crosses and unique patterns from crosses we wouldn't have a gigantic mess. We are the cause of the madness! Haha.

On 3/24/2016 at 10:18 AM, DETAquarium said:

Unfortunately it is all driven by demand. If people didn't want crosses and unique patterns from crosses we wouldn't have a gigantic mess. We are the cause of the madness! Haha.

Guilty as charged your honor! :devil:

I wonder if Rah-Bop is going to add caridina serrata to the chart? This would be a nice addition. There are so many shrimp that are being crossed with them now.