What Shrimp Is This

Landhouse

Hi

I have 3 shrimp I have been told they are amino shrimp but they don't really look anything like them... This is my first time with shrimp (They live with 3 african dwarf frogs) so I'm really not good at identifying them.  Could anyone tell me what these are?

Landhouse

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

$_35.JPG

4 minutes ago, sarah said:

The first pic looks like a ghost shrimp. The third is definitely an amano.

Ya the third is a pic of an amano shrimp from the internet because that is what I was told it was... Would it help to have better pictures of the 1 & 2 for identifying it 100%?

Yep, 1st is a ghost, 2nd you cant really see in the picture, and the 3rd is an amano.

If they all look like shrimp #1, theyre all ghost shrimp (or possibly a macrobrachium species.. they look basically the same when young)

2 minutes ago, Jynn said:

Yep, 1st is a ghost, 2nd you cant really see in the picture, and the 3rd is an amano.

If they all look like shrimp #1, theyre all ghost shrimp (or possibly a macrobrachium species.. they look basically the same when young)

Here are 2 better pictures... They all look the same

image1 2.JPG

image2 2.JPG

Look closely at it's front claws and antenna, I see red splotches and the front arms are long, indicating a prawn? Macrobrachium?

I'm a newbie though and know basically nothing about  Macrobrachium, Palaemon or Palaemonetes (which ghost shrimp are Palaemonetes paludosus)

The first pic looks like a ghost shrimp. The third is definitely an amano.

Look closely at it's front claws and antenna, I see red splotches and the front arms are long, indicating a prawn? Macrobrachium?

I'm a newbie though and know basically nothing about  Macrobrachium, Palaemon or Palaemonetes (which ghost shrimp are Palaemonetes paludosus)

Yup. Macrobranchium sp. is most likely what it is, especially if you got it at a LFS.