MOVING SHRIMP SALE & MORE

Sbarbee54

You'll get it when you see their colors vs CRS/CBS. CRS/CBS are not the same species as OEBT's. They do interbreed, however, to produce tibees.

Hrm. They are both Caridina cantonensis, and I thought the binomial name refers first to the genus, then the species. What I've read are that the two are different variations of the same species, kind of like different breeds of dogs. There are different variations of dogs (colors, sizes, etc.), but they are all the same species and can interbreed. (Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am no longer a biology major and a newbie at this shrimp thing.) >.<

Also, what is the price of your Mischlings for local pick-up and your current tank parameters for them? =)

CRS/CBS and OEBT are both Caridina cf. cantonensis, with the difference being sp. Bee and sp. Blue Tiger respectively.

They both have very different looks by nature and not through selected variety.

To many people, by saying they are the same, they would assume you mean they are both started out looking the same and have been selectively bred into different vars. heh  As you know, this was not the case.

That's why the main way of referring to them by hobbyists are in the classification of "Bees" and "Tigers." :)  Otherwise it's just too confusing.

Okay. I just remember learning that what separates a species from the rest is that they can interbreed and have viable/fertile offspring. So does sp. mean they are subspecies of Caridina cantonensis since cantonensis is the species? I'm just trying to understand this and am comparing them to animals I know more about. Would this be similar to how gray wolves in the wild are the same species but look different for various reasons (e.g., their geographic location, mutations, etc.), which divides them into subspecies of gray wolves like: Arctic wolves, Great Plains wolves, etc.? (I am in love with wolves.) Although the two wolves don't look the same, they are the same species that can be traced back to a common ancestor and can be selectively bred to produce two lines of different looking Arctic wolves and Great Plains wolves, which can still interbreed with each other to produce a hybrid fertile wolf of the same species but different feature variations? Maybe I'm overthinking this. I should've paid more attention in biology. -.-

I'd love to give you an answer on that, Christine, however both still have "cf" in the taxonomy.

“Cf” means “confer” or “looks like”. When used after “Genus,” it's implying “this shrimp looks like this “Genus”, but aside from that, it has not been “identified.”

Until more study is done on placing shrimp into the proper taxonomy, we're only working from educated guesses.

Okay. I just remember learning that what separates a species from the rest is that they can interbreed and have viable/fertile offspring. So does sp. mean they are subspecies of Caridina cantonensis since cantonensis is the species? I'm just trying to understand this and am comparing them to animals I know more about. Would this be similar to how gray wolves in the wild are the same species but look different for various reasons (e.g., their geographic location, mutations, etc.), which divides them into subspecies of gray wolves like: Arctic wolves, Great Plains wolves, etc.? (I am in love with wolves.) Although the two wolves don't look the same, they are the same species that can be traced back to a common ancestor and can be selectively bred to produce two lines of different looking Arctic wolves and Great Plains wolves, which can still interbreed with each other to produce a hybrid fertile wolf of the same species but different feature variations? Maybe I'm overthinking this. I should've paid more attention in biology. -.-

Taiwan bees are sought after because its the next big thing. They have a solid and vivid color pattern that I've never seen in other shrimp, they can also interbreed with chances at other color patterns and new strains. Harder to take care of and dont breed as often hence the price. Anytime a new strain comes it fetches hundreds simply for supply and demand to keep it simple.

After a big shipping weekend I have maybe 2-3 packages of mischlings left after looking at the tanks and 5-6 red tiger packages after 11/13 sale ends and price goes back to reguaakar pricing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have red tigers a bunch normal price on them Is 12$

If I don't sell through the rest before the 13th I might sell smaller groups but would be a little higher in price

Sale is almost over. I will be shutting down shrimp sales for a while so I can prep for the move and get the tanks setup and everything ok

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...