Anyone here breed their fish?

Soothing Shrimp

Does anyone here breed their fish?  What kind?

I bred angelfish couple years ago.

now I have full tank of angels in 55G.

You know what?  I realized that my incessant obsession with the aquarium hobby has to do with watching things reproduce lol.  That's what got me into the hobby and that's what made me go to shrimp.

But I'm trying to breed

1. Betta Channoides 

2. Albino Corydoras (nothing special but lol their eyes)

3. Tiger Endlers 

Been using this (golden pearls) for my last batch of betta albi babies and other past babies.....worked out pretty nicely in place of bbs....also bought the bbs freeze dried just incase :D http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/fish-food-feeders/kens-specialty-food.html

We have bred quite a few, some on purpose others accidentally.

Cyprichromis leptisoma Mpimbwe

Neolamprologus Multifasciatus

Eretmodus cyanostrus Zaire

Diamond Tetras (just found offspring in the tank)

I have bred my rainbowfish (not on purpose just threw moss from their tank into a shrimp tank) and my Celestial Pearl Danios (that was on purpose)

I have bred Discus, African cichlids, Beta fish and Angelfish. I hope one day to breed L46 zebra pleco's and Asian arowana if they ever become legal in the USA.

the chances of asian arowana ever being legal to own in the USA is close to nil sadly.  Whats so annoying is right over the border the Canadians have asian arowanas >.>

I really wanted to breed white clouds, but it hasn't happened. I'm not sure if I need to isolate them, if I have too few females, or if there are fry and they just never make it to a stage where I can see them. They're really neat little fish.

I do have guppies, but it's not exactly hard to convince them to reproduce. Weirdly, I have only one male juvenile despite being on my second year of infinitely reproducing livebearers.

They don't seem to be? They never show much interest in the fry. Some are probably snacking on them, especially on their assigned fast day (midweek, I have to be out pretty early, so I made it the day to skip feeding the aquatics). I don't see enough fry to say that none of them are being eaten, though.

However, they *are* being kept at the low end of their temperature range. Most are descended from a feral wild type female caught somewhere in New York or New Jersey, and they certainly are otherwise thriving and reproducing. I do wonder if the lower temperature is influencing anything: lifespan, which so far is already longer than expected in several individuals, reproductive rate (seems slower), and male:female ratio, for instance. I also have had them on a lower protein diet, again with longevity in mind.

I have been breeding Yellow Rasbora (Microdevario kubotai), Celestial Pearl Danio (Danio margaritatus) and White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes). I breed them (one species at a time) in a well-established, planted 40 g tank. After spawning, I remove the fish and when I see fry after a few days I feed them large Paramecia in increase the survival rate. I also have Caridina sulawesi in this tank.

Here is a link to spawning Danio margaritatus in a (different) community tank.

Breeding is one of the most joyous parts of the hobby and give such a sence of self accomplishment, I've bred quite a few fish.

Guppy

Platy

Swordtail

Endlers

Gbr

Discus

Convicts

Yellow labs

Apisto trifasciata

Apisto hongsloi form two

Angels a looooooo g time ago

There's several more I can't think of right now as it was a loooong time ago lol. Mostly cichlids though, I'm going to be trying my hand at killies now as I have them hatching

They don't seem to be? They never show much interest in the fry. Some are probably snacking on them, especially on their assigned fast day (midweek, I have to be out pretty early, so I made it the day to skip feeding the aquatics). I don't see enough fry to say that none of them are being eaten, though.

However, they *are* being kept at the low end of their temperature range. Most are descended from a feral wild type female caught somewhere in New York or New Jersey, and they certainly are otherwise thriving and reproducing. I do wonder if the lower temperature is influencing anything: lifespan, which so far is already longer than expected in several individuals, reproductive rate (seems slower), and male:female ratio, for instance. I also have had them on a lower protein diet, again with longevity in mind.

If u want fish to breed, go protein heavy.  There's no 2 ways about it.  It's the general principle to get females fat.  

I've had white clouds breed for me in 45 deg weather, 80 deg weather, 90 deg weather.  Literally bred in a make shift mini pond outside throughout a whole year for me on long island, NY.  The heater would only bring my pond to like 40-50 max on those snowy cold sub freezing days.....and I'm pretty sure my mini pond froze over at least 10 times.  

• 4 weeks later...

Yes!

Right now I am breeding:

Bettas

Killifish

Guppies

Several Strains of Angels

Peacock Gudgedons

Discus

Green Dragon Plecos

Super Reds

• 2 weeks later...

when green dragon pleco are in a good mood they get a pretty green color in the light. i have a long fin female. they are color morph of bristle nose pleco. i love my big female wish i could find a male long fin to breed with her but in time i will. i kinda like my blue eye L144 bn. no they are not the same as albino. believe me i got chewed a new one on that by pleco lovers lol. but to each their own fish.