glasgarten ae

A buddy overseas who runs a shop told me that the baby food is grounded up fish food, but don't quote me on this.

The placebo effect is strong and hard to disprove. But who really knows outside the person actually making it.

Whatever Glasgarten Bacter AE is I do notice my shrimp eat way less regular food when I dose the Bacter AE in their tank.  Below are the ingredients to both that I have on my website and originally obtained from their website.

GlasGarten Bacter AE

Ingredients

Amino acids, polysaccarides, xylanase, glucanase, amylase, protease, hemicellulase, Bacillus subtilis, Pediococcus acidilactici (Lactobacillus)

GlasGarten Baby Food

Ingredients

zooplankton, protein extracts of vegetable origin, squid, Omega-3 oil, Gammarus, Daphnia, white cabbage, Spirulia, spinach, rosemary, Nannochloropsis algae, Moringa oleifera, minerals, yeast, green-lipped mussel, brine shrimps, balm, Chlorella algae, fennel, pollen, grape seeds

Yepper.  It does say that.  However it is easy to break down components of a food to make the food unrecognizable.

For example, a food may be entirely made of carrots for instance.  No other additives, and yet have the label read truthfully:

Fiber, Folates, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Electrolytes, Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium, Zinc, Phyto-nutrients, Carotene alpha, Carotene beta

See what I mean? :)

BTW I mean no disrespect to glasgarten- I use it myself.  I'm just looking for a possible cheaper source. ;)

It's one of the best shrimp products I doubt it's anything less or more than the label reads. As far as finding something to compare it to there isn't much out there, you would have to combine products to come close it's simply the best imho.

BTW I mean no disrespect to glasgarten- I use it myself.  I'm just looking for a possible cheaper source. ;)

As far as finding something to compare it to there isn't much out there, you would have to combine products to come close it's simply the best imho.

I will put Ebi-Ken Ei up against any product out there. 

I'd say Ebi--Ken Ei  combined with Ebi- Ken Han is comparable to GlasGarten Bacter AE like I said you would have to combine products to equal what's in GlasGarten Bacter AE. Stand alone GlasGarten Bacter AE is simply one of the best product's on the market.

I'd say Ebi--Ken Ei  combined with Ebi- Ken Han is comparable to GlasGarten Bacter AE like I said you would have to combine products to equal what's in GlasGarten Bacter AE. Stand alone GlasGarten Bacter AE is simply one of the best product's on the market.

they are different products that accomplish their tasks in different ways.

AE is purely a dormant bacter, just as the name suggests. while Ei is a pollum.

I've found through my sales and connections, that most of the larger/older breeders in the US LOVE Ei and recommend to everybody they can.

you cant go wrong with either but my personal choice I use in all my tanks is Ei, and always has been long before I started selling either product.

I do realize they are different products, that's why I said stand alone for what it is it's hard to compare it to one single product. How about this GlasGarten Bacter AE combined with Ebi--Ken Ei Ebi- Ken Han one of the best combos on the market? I just don't know what I could compare GlasGarten Bacter AE to in the form of a single product? Maybe Mk Gold/Silver z powder? Bio plus? ADA bacter? Do you carry the full line of Ebi-Ken? Is there a dormant bacter product in his line? Dose he have a re mineralizer? I wish I could find everything I am looking for in a complete line. Next level almost 80% of the stuff we use in shrimp keeping would never be available to them in there natural habitat I am pretty sure they could live of bio film/picking through moss/algae for micro organisms alone. It really is subjective and personal experience based. If a peer group says hey this stuff is awesome I will try it and share my experience, if it gives me the results I am looking for I will buy it again and recommend it to others.

i wish there 1 was complete line of premium products that can be sold as a package deal, but if I were to build a package deal of different products/brands based on my experience, that might be completely different from what others would want in their package.

i find there are great products across multiple lines of brands. 

speaking of demineralizers.... I really wish the US market would try other GH+ products.  I have somebody testing the Tantora liquid GH+ and he's blow away with what he's found so far.

gh increase with absolutely 0 increase in TDS.  

Thats one of the huge advantages of liquid gh products over  powders.

I'm happy to send you a decent sample of Ei so you can give it a try if you'd like.  

That would be awesome! Is there anything we could compare Glasgarten Bacter AE to at a better value? My personal opinion is no, if it dose what it say's and you like the results stick with it Bryce. I am sure we all bought/tried Glasgarten Bacter AE for the same reason people we know a trust/respect told us it was "The Stuff". I think it's pretty definitive that it is "The Stuff" Probiotic, water purifying, digestive aid, bio film growing, food source for all stages of shrimp. I am sure there was a divine force that made this product rejoice!

i wish there 1 was complete line of premium products that can be sold as a package deal, but if I were to build a package deal of different products/brands based on my experience, that might be completely different from what others would want in their package.

i find there are great products across multiple lines of brands. 

speaking of demineralizers.... I really wish the US market would try other GH+ products.  I have somebody testing the Tantora liquid GH+ and he's blow away with what he's found so far.

gh increase with absolutely 0 increase in TDS.  

Thats one of the huge advantages of liquid gh products over  powders.

I'm happy to send you a decent sample of Ei so you can give it a try if you'd like.  

It's not possible in chemistry.

GH = 'Ca+' + 'Mg+', both ion would increase TDS.

I will second that I don't think its possible to increase the GH without increasing TDS....the users must be measuring something wrong.

ok double check with one of the users.

here is a copy of his reply, I got a little excited about his feedback, but also getting a lot of similar great feed back.

"So tantora gh+ liquid...Does not raise tds... well barely.. following directions... the 5 gallon of ro water tested at 004 raised to 016 ppm after 20 drops of the liquid."

here is a copy of his reply, I got a little excited about his feedback, but also getting a lot of similar great feed back.

"So tantora gh+ liquid...Does not raise tds... well barely.. following directions... the 5 gallon of ro water tested at 004 raised to 016 ppm after 20 drops of the liquid."

For all intents and purposes you might as well say the TDS did not change.

Besides his reply, do you actually use what you sell? Pretty big difference between what you said. I found that even the purist mineralizer would have a comparable correlation between gH and TDS. The gH to TDS ratio is somewhere along 20TDS to 1dGH. I've never used the MK-Breed mineralizer but I've read it's even more pure. Somewhere along 10TDS to 1dGH.

Also: What did he get for 20drops into 5gal of to water? Its nothing to claim that 20 drops barely altered the TDS if the goal was 1dGH.

Edit:

I'm not bashing you, but you do sell a lot of products and it would be a bit of comfort for the buyers to know that you at least test what you're selling. There's a sort of conflict of interests if you don't verify what you're selling. I don't really buy products randomly but I enjoy testing stuff, so maybe it seems wrong coming from me, but ya know.. Practice what you preach sorts of thing.

Besides his reply, do you actually use what you sell? Pretty big difference between what you said. I found that even the purist mineralizer would have a comparable correlation between gH and TDS. The gH to TDS ratio is somewhere along 20TDS to 1dGH. I've never used the MK-Breed mineralizer but I've read it's even more pure. Somewhere along 10TDS to 1dGH.

Also: What did he get for 20drops into 5gal of to water? Its nothing to claim that 20 drops barely altered the TDS if the goal was 1dGH.

Edit:

I'm not bashing you, but you do sell a lot of products and it would be a bit of comfort for the buyers to know that you at least test what you're selling. There's a sort of conflict of interests if you don't verify what you're selling. I don't really buy products randomly but I enjoy testing stuff, so maybe it seems wrong coming from me, but ya know.. Practice what you preach sorts of thing.

No def not bashing. I love going through this process of learning about products. its important to get feedback.

I absolutely use everything I sell, i will not sell something I don't trust or believe in. Before I started selling any of these products I was a customer just like you guys and I used and trusted many of them.

but like you said, for me to provide feedback to potential customers about the products I sell can comes across as a biased opinion/conflict of interest.

thats why I rely so much on customer feedback and stay in touch with so many of my customers.

Will will agree repeat business is extremely important, so its important to me to provide only the best of products.

ok back to what my customer feedback shared... 

"So tantora gh+ liquid...Does not raise tds... well barely.. following directions... the 5 gallon of ro water tested at 004 raised to 016 ppm after 20 drops of the liquid."

To verify his findings I will follow the same steps he did.  5G of RO and I will test the TDS/GH before and after 20drops. (i will measure this out so I can provide further comparison vs other similar products)

I also have shirakura liquid gh (super clean) and i'm happy to do the same exact test with the same amount of liquid.  

edit: i also have a bottle of the SL-Aqua remineralizer both bee and sulawesi shrimp.

Hi all,

I happened to stumble on this thread and since I have been performing testing on a lot of commercial minerals before and I think I should provide some comments.

Firstly, regarding the meso mineral liquid not raising GH or TDS when first mixed. There are really quite a few liquid minerals in the market (but not totally not raising GH or TDS, just raise very little) but you need to know why they behave that way. This sort of liquid minerals has large amount of chelating agent inside, usually EDTA. Usually, they will just use Calcium EDTA or they will use Calcium Chloride salts and add in large amount of EDTA to prevent the Calcium Chloride solution from precipitation. When calcium and magnesium ion is chelated, it is not reactive ("locked up" and unable to conduct electricity or react with chemical of test kit) and it will not increase GH or TDS when first mixed with water. However once they are in the tank and the chelating agent breaks down, the GH and TDS will increase.

I personally have very bad experience with these sorts of liquid minerals that have large amount of chelating agent; chelating agent accumulates overtime can causes minerals to be bio-unavailable or does not breakdown easily. As such, I will strongly suggest you guys to stay away from such minerals.

Secondly, regarding the "clean" minerals. "Clean" minerals is a marketing gimmick. For a low grade at 90% purity and a high grade 99.99% purity salts, may only have less than 10 TDS differences, just do simple math and you will know. In natural water, there are more than just calcium and magnesium ions. Hence, shrimps or any living creatures need more than these 2 nutrients. I have proven these through my years of experiments and I discovered that shrimps will intake various nutrients through both shells and diet at different stage of their lifecycle. So why do commercial minerals advertise "clean" minerals? This is due to two reasons:

1. The less stuffs they put into their minerals, the cheaper the production cost.
  2. Not all minerals can be mixed with each other. They can't sell you multiple bottles and other company will say their products do not have complete minerals.

Imagine this. Do human purely need to eat carbohydrates/sugar, calcium and magnesium only? The answer is NO. We, human need a wide variety of nutrients and even up till now, we are discovering that we need more different types everyday. Shrimps are living creatures too, they need way more than just calcium and magnesium to live.

With all of the above that were driven by commercial mineral companies or seller, everyone started to have a wrong knowledge of shrimps need low TDS/conductivity and they need "clean" minerals (which has nothing much inside). Hopefully soon enough, we will have more proper knowledge and not listen to what commercial product advertise and we will force them to research and develop real useful products. :)

Take Tantora gh+ with some old sea mud and there micro active combine together you would see 80 to 100 tds gh of 3 to 4. It's like the mosura line mineral plus, old sea mud and bt-9/Mosura Microelements Essence. There is no all in one if you want to replenish on a bacterial and micro/macro level when your doing a w/c. SL liquid re min for sulawesi shrimp that's awesome. Has anyone thought of a cheep alternative to Bacter AE? Are we really paying big $$$ for baby cereal and rid X ?

Now this thread is chugging along full of great information. Filling up 5G RO jugs right now.

i'm surprised the 4 tantora liquids arent selling better.

the GH+, micro active, humic black water, and catappa essence makes a great combo pack.