Networking amongst friends

Soothing Shrimp

My specialty is working with weird vertebrates. I will be highly surprised if anyone can find a use for my skills outside of my jobs ... but hey, I can talk alpaca/llama dewormers until the cows come home.

I'm a geologist, who works in the environmental remediation field. I focused on petrology in college.

Sounds complicated, and above my level of expertise. But I did stay in a holiday inn express last night....

I'm a 45 yr old character actor.  Most of my experience of 40+ years has been on stage.  I also have done film, tv, radio shows, and voice over work.  Looking to start pursuing it more seriously next year since my kids are old enough now.

If anyone needs voice overs on their sites, etc.  Just pm me. Maybe we can work out shrimp trade or something.  :)

If anyone has any connections in the industry, I can use your help! ;)

I'm a database developer/ business intelligence developer, primarily SQL Server, working with IBM Netezza/PureData now. A tinkerer and homebrewer when I am not with family or screwing around with my tanks.

Late coming to this thread, but I am a dog groomer  working now 22 years in a veterinary hospital and did my first couple years at a dog training center.   feel free to shoot me your dog questions.    :)  

I'm in IT also, and bowl a lot...

Guess I should share some more... I'm a network analyst focusing on infrastructure currently and security. Last job I was working with VMware and virtualization.

Main hobby outside of computer games is bowling (have it in my mind to try going pro at some point). Fishkeeping is 3rd, started with mixed cichlids almost 5 years ago. Last year I changed to African cichlids after some issues. Also started a community tank last year and this year, starting shrimp.

So there's my short story.

I'm a geologist, who works in the environmental remediation field. I focused on petrology in college.

I used to work for my brother in law doing groundwater remediation in NC.  It was a pretty fun job, but i hated NC so i moved back to GA.

Guess I should share some more... I'm a network analyst focusing on infrastructure currently and security. Last job I was working with VMware and virtualization.

I have a friend who is a GM at VMware. M. Rowe

I worked for Geek Squad for 4 years and picked up a few things. I can build a computer and have basic knowledge of how to fix simple software issues. It's been awhile, but I still have some knowledge that I can share if you have questions. This job has made me a lot more handy around the house and a hardcore gamer. (Let me know if you need tips for League of Legends or want to duo. Current rank: Plat 5) I can also do easy fixes on console games (XBOX 360 being the main one. My cat figured out how to open the cd tray and keeps breaking it).

For the past few years, I've been the General Manager of a women's boutique, but if you need fashion advice, my staff is a lot more fashionable than I am. We carry UGGs, TOMS, Rainbow Sandals, Saltwater Sandals, and Bearpaw Boots at pretty reasonable prices, so if you ladies or guys with ladies are looking for something nice for the holidays for yourselves or your SO's, let me know. =)

I am also currently going to school to become an elementary school teacher. I have close to a 4.0 GPA and am in a couple of honors societies. I am strongest in math and science and originally started as a Biology major. I do some tutoring over the summer when I have time.

Late coming to this thread, but I am a dog groomer working now 22 years in a veterinary hospital and did my first couple years at a dog training center. feel free to shoot me your dog questions. :)

*high five* for veterinary field!

I am actually not the greatest with dogs. Are there any good basic training websites I can recommend?

Honestly Chibikaie it depends what sort of things you are looking to teach.  There are all kinds of books and sites with tips to teach the basics and tricks.   Then there are shows like  The Dog Whisperer and whatever his newest show is, and "Its me or the Dog"   People in the dog world are always fighting about which trainer is right and which method is right or wrong.    One trainer will tell you dogs are a pack and you need to be "The pack leader" and the next trainer will tell you  that dogs are NOT packs and being the pack leader is being a bully.   In the end I think it comes down to choosing the training method that feels like it fits your personality and your dogs because, if  YOU don't believe in it, neither will the dog. 

For actual problems its best to consult a trainer so they don't make the problem worse.  

Oh, great. Most of these people have created complete and total monsters.

I'd settle for "how to not allow your dog to instigate a fight in the waiting room" but the worst offenders always say "it wasn't my dog's fault" and keep letting their dogs drag them around.

Hahaha.. Yep!!!   Do you work in a vet hosp too?   The best are the people who bring their dog in with no leash and let it run up to other dogs.. when the other dogs owners panic and yank their dog away they say "OH don't worry my dog loves other dogs"   

To bad the other dog didnt and now your dog needs stitches!

Hi guys, my brother and I are somewhat knowledgeable in the fields of interior design/construction since we work with our dad who owns a interior design/construction company. Now we decided to take a chance in life so we opened up our own company, Blue Crown Aquatic Trade. Still helps out my dad whenever possible though since we are just starting out and our customer base is still developing. If we may ask a favor from all of you, please spread the word about our new company and maybe in the future we can work out a deal for friends on The Shrimpspot.

• 2 months later...

I used to breed Colored Arabian horses....so genetics and pedigrees are my thing....don't know if that

helps anyone out, but you never know. Im also a Scottish baker (yep Im a Braveheart born and bred)so

if anyone wants a good recipe for shortbread, Im your man....sorry woman.

Just found this thread. What a varied lot come here! :)

I'm a book editor by day. I mostly edit fiction, with a few non-fiction coming my way every once in awhile. If you're looking for something to read, I have a whole list of books in a wide variety of genres on my website: http://rakestrawbookdesign.com.

I also write. Working on a couple novels at the moment. Just published a collection of short stories with my hubby in November, and we co-wrote a novel in 2012 called Titanic Deception. I've ghost-written articles for websites before I started freelance editing.

I do audio work occasionally. I've been working on an audio book and have worked on audio theatre with my hubby at streamingmurder.com.

I used to breed rabbits for show and meat. I'm currently considering getting an angora again (that's one... just one!) so I can spin its wool on the spinning wheel I'm restoring. Let's see... what else... oh, when I have time I like to draw and crochet. I used to do portraits and make gloves and stuff for our local Saturday Market.