Shrimp Rack Questions

It is what I am finding about the shrimping hobby as well ;)

I really appreciate all the help!

I have a 20g long and a 26g tank right now. Is it better to divide and use them, or to use individual tanks instead?

You betcha. :)

When I was starting in racks I was lost.  Now I know a few things from trial and error, and research. heh

Right, 10g tanks it is. 

How about water changes, is it best to handle this on an individual basis? Or make some sort of system?

If you are bucketing water changes, I really suggest getting a Python as long as you have a sink you can use on the same floor. You do not need to use it to fill since most of you are using remineralized RO. But it does make draining much, much easier. I play video games while I do my tank, for goodness' sake.

Also, get the real Python. The knockoffs are poorly made and parts will break. I spent enough on replacement parts that I should have just gotten the real thing to begin with.

• 4 weeks later...

What I do with my python is get the suction started, then shut off the tap so it's just gravity fed. Wastes very little water, and drains slowly enough that I can be lazy about it. Not great for doing a deep gravel bed clean, but I have plants, so light siphoning is all I need.

And apparently it comes in 50 and possibly 75 foot lengths ...

i wouldnt do either option, diy pvc air system is the way to go. build a loop so pressure is equalized. drill and tap the air valves. done.

Eric, how to attach the air valves to the PVC pipe?

I got my air valves from Kensfish.com

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Roughly whats the air preasure should be for single xlarge dual sponge filter? I know more preassue is better but i hve 150L/h small air pump and woundeing if its enoug for one sponge filter.

150L/h is plenty for single dual sponge filter.