Greenteam's 20L Restart

Greenteam

interesting.. thanks

Its considered one of the rarest swords an Echinodorus sp Iguazu from Argentina 2009.

It looks gorgeous in person and I love the look of it when fully grown. Funny fact about it is that the leafs look soft like a normal sword, but if you touch them their very tough and don't bend.

Ok finally did my first water test this morning since setup..... I know crazy :rock:

This is the test results

PH 5.5-6

GH 6

KH 0

TDS 154

Temp 76F

All the shrimp are doing amazing and have really colored up since moving them. Only sad thing is the berried female that I transferred molted, but this was something I anticipated so her eggs are sitting in a small net over the sponge filter with the hopes that they hatch.

Another thing I figured I mention is the fact that I added some of my pinto mischlings that I created in another project to see how they breed in this tank.

Here's some pics of the shrimp as of this morning showing off their nice colors.

post-168-0-57660500-1445102500_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-18728600-1445102536_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-84753000-1445102566_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-08402900-1445102602_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-37373500-1445102641_thumb.jpg

I don't know anything about pintos, so I was wondering why are those considered mischlings? They look like normal pinto to me

The First 2 are Pintos and the Last 3 are Mischlings.

If you look closely you can see how the The Pintos head is one color front to back, & the Mischlings have only partial coverage on head (white nose). Another key factor is the white on Pintos is very solid while the Mischlings have a more blotchy almost transparent white.

The First 2 are Pintos and the Last 3 are Mischlings.

If you look closely you can see how the The Pintos head is one color front to back, & the Mischlings have only partial coverage on head (white nose). Another key factor is the white on Pintos is very solid while the Mischlings have a more blotchy almost transparent white.

Ah thanks for explaining. I thought for a sec that pinto just means a certain pattern (ie: spotted head, zebras, etc)

I am very happy for your Greenteam! Sorry you have to go through the disaster, but it seems that this was a quick and easy fix, It looks fantastic too. When I setup my most recent shrimp tanks, my first thought was keep it simple. Simple in my book was less maintenance for me, which led to keeping "me" out of the aquarium. Less maintenance certainly allows for a more stable environment and helps keep my hands out of the aquarium. 

Did you ever test your nitrate, nitrites, ammonia?

Looking good man!!!

I find it hard my self to keep a simple shrimp tank also haha

I didn't realize the Turkish Hazel is that big......that's awesome. Is it from Han?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They range in sizes, Greenteam wanted a bigger one haha. I have them a tad smaller then golfball size also.

• 3 weeks later...

So everything has been very smooth so far but nothing major worth reporting that's till I noticed some changes.

So my 2 Pinto Mischling ladies have started to spend more an more time hiding. One has taken a fancy for the sponge filter covered in mini pellia while the other loves the Turkish Hazel. Out of curiosity I started to watch them and noticed their eggs had eyes and roughly 50% of them turned black!!!!

As we all know black eggs is a good thing on mischligs :D

It's nearly impossible to get a good picture but here's pictures of the two ladies that are do any day now.

post-168-0-30630800-1447035671_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-78054200-1447035695_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-72633000-1447035711_thumb.jpg

This ladies are been very stubborn about releasing these little eggs lol. This are my 4th generation of doing pinto male x pinto mischling female and been getting better results in # of pintos produced. Lucky I had this ladies in a separate breeding tank when I lost my main tank.

So its been 5 days since the eggs started to turn black and looked a dark brown at first, but have been getting darker by the day. I don't know how much longer this ladies have left to go so I will be trying to get pics of the first young born in this new tank.

Check out how dark the eggs are now.

post-168-0-63534300-1447307881_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-75356600-1447307893_thumb.jpg