Nadia's Notes

Soothing Shrimp

Thanks!  I guess I'll need to display them somehow in her room.  What a nice problem to have. :)

She can do much better and get better placings, but for the two weekends she went when she did not feel good, well heck- I'm proud of her just for that.  And as I tell her, I'm proud of her whether she does gymnastics or not.  She doesn't need to win my attention, she already has it. heh

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the Pineapple Classic Gymnastics Meet on Friday.  Nadia was in competition again. 

Her teammate Isla broke her foot, unfortunately, the day before by doing a round off.  But she was there with warm ups on (and a cast) cheering her team on. :)

Here's Nadia's scores:

Vault... 7.925

Bars.... 8.3

Beam.. 8.975

Floor.... 8.358

• The bars were a roller coaster ride. heh  She managed to stop and balance on top after her cut through.  She had been having problems with that this year, and we breathed a sigh of relief because we thought she was home free.  Then she went over the low bar twice instead of the under bar pike dismount.  Each time was .5 deduction.  She's never made that mistake before, and it cost her.  She would have gotten 9.3 otherwise.  The coach talked to us afterwards and said he may give her an optional dismount with a higher level of difficulty.  I hope he does.  It would continue to raise her all around score.

• The vault had me a bit concerned.  The mat she had to flip onto was over twice as high as she was used to working with because they had higher levels there as well.  It came up to her shoulder.  The gym team was very unsure if they could do it...until the coach had the brainstorm to tell them if they did it successfully they would get candy.  There was no looking back after that! LOL

• She won 3rd on beam!!!  Yay!!!! 

post-2-0-23692700-1450637762.gif

She has the medal to prove it! LOL  Kinda cool medal too.  Custom made and looks like a pineapple.

post-2-0-83773700-1450637762_thumb.gif

So she pretty much met or exceeded all her previous scores!  It was a very good meet for her.  A nice Christmas and Birthday gift to do so well.

She walked away with 2 medals, and next meet is in January. :D

post-2-0-49386800-1450637763_thumb.gif

Again, my heartfelt thanks for giving encouragement and support to Nadia!  Each meet she asks me, "Did you tell the forum I'm going to the meet yet?"  "Are they following along?"  

It really means "the world" to her knowing that people all over the world are cheering for her!

Happy Holidays everybody!

• 4 weeks later...